Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
A different take on a table lamp :D

Bought 5m Govee LED strip then proceeded to..

uc

uc

uc

Deal: Govee LED Strip Lights 5m, with 44 Key Remote for Bedroom, Kitchen, Desk, TV, 12V Power Supply UK Plug https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B083X..._dl_WFV17M108JP1XMJW70JV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Associate
100% correct, we live in a hard water area and before you can dry the car water spots are everywhere!

No need to get rid of the moss yet, can still see the drive!
Them things seem such a rip off, a half decent rodi filter is half the cost or if you have a spotless water machine near you even better.

Caporegime
I have noticed it’s been struggling this winter so I’m not massively surprised but I needed it last night so this thing did the trick.

Definitely come in handy.

You can buy things to clamp onto your battery and stuff to check the draw. I've seen two beemers end up with a daily where something shorts and just drains the battery slowwwwly.

Caporegime
Some new speaker cables.

leqSyb.jpg

Hey I saw the KEF logo and suddenly sat up in my chair, scrolled up and saw the NAD D 3045 and had to stand up in excitement. You are in for a treat. KEF's Uni-Q drivers are supremely matched with NAD's sound signature. Fire up your favourite vocalists when you've got everything set up and you'll be in musical heaven for hours.

Aside from that, games and media sound superb too. Playing God of War currently and when the dragon speaks etc it's a deep rumble you can feel in your chest. I have the Q300 speakers so yours should sound similar although the bass reflex port on mine are front firing and I've not heard the 350s so not sure what difference the port location makes on these cabinets.

Anyway, you're in for a treat. On the 3045 make sure to not accidentally press the BASS/EQ button that changes the frequency output as you then need to cycle through them to get back to the default off state. It's not obvious you've pressed said button and the sound will get worse as certain frequencies are offloaded for output to a subwoofer etc which is of no use if you've not got one connected. Once you cycle through to "HP 40Hz" on the display, press it once more and that's back to the default mode then.

R7oR7Kj.jpg

Also, having owned the D 7050 before the 3045, the 7050 did not have a dim display mode or display off mode button, always make use of the dim mode or manually turn the display off with the button. The VFD/OLED display will burn in after a couple of years if the bright mode for the display is used often. It's nothing major but looks annoying as you can see the weaker pixels when adjusting volume etc.

Don't think it matters on these NADs as the circuitry is lifted off their high end Master series amps. Really clean and direct sound.

Thanks for the tips. I haven't sat in a demo room for many years but I remember thinking, this is rather amazing. Coming from years of using an inherited Onkyo 605 and a couple of Gale Silver Monitors and then mainly using a pair of DT 770s for many years despite how good those are I'm very much thinking how amazing this setup is.

Man of Honour
Some new speaker cables.

Thanks for the tips. I haven't sat in a demo room for many years but I remember thinking, this is rather amazing. Coming from years of using an inherited Onkyo 605 and a couple of Gale Silver Monitors and then mainly using a pair of DT 770s for many years despite how good those are I'm very much thinking how amazing this setup is.

It can become a slippery slope of eye watering expense unless you have self awareness of any impending rabbit hole :D

I've just ordered a pair of LS50 Meta as been ogling them ever since KEF announced them and the audio critics went bananas. I knew I'd upgrade to them I just did not know when and this recent chat about speakers tilted me over the edge so have put my Q300s up for sale and ordered the LS50 which come with a free pair of QED pre-terminated cables which I will likely bung on eBay or something as they're worth a bit. The Q300s gave me several years of service and I fully expect the LS50 Meta should last 10+ years easy.

Soldato
It can become a slippery slope of eye watering expense unless you have self awareness of any impending rabbit hole :D

I've just ordered a pair of LS50 Meta as been ogling them ever since KEF announced them and the audio critics went bananas. I knew I'd upgrade to them I just did not know when and this recent chat about speakers tilted me over the edge so have put my Q300s up for sale and ordered the LS50 which come with a free pair of QED pre-terminated cables which I will likely bung on eBay or something as they're worth a bit. The Q300s gave me several years of service and I fully expect the LS50 Meta should last 10+ years easy.

Careful, although it wasn't the LS50 Meta I ended up regretting selling my Q300s so quick!

Man of Honour
Careful, although it wasn't the LS50 Meta I ended up regretting selling my Q300s so quick!

I'm confident in my research! What did you change to that resulted in regret? The LS50 Meta has the same size main driver with the latest gen Uni-Q tweeter so by that measure alone it has to be either similar or better than the Q300s, not worse in any way. The 99% of sound leaking into the back of the cabinet being blocked also means it should have better overall sound also. The previous LS50 only blocked 60% and no idea what the Q300s have but assume the same 60%.

Soldato
I'm confident in my research! What did you change to that resulted in regret? The LS50 Meta has the same size main driver with the latest gen Uni-Q tweeter so by that measure alone it has to be either similar or better than the Q300s, not worse in any way. The 99% of sound leaking into the back of the cabinet being blocked also means it should have better overall sound also. The previous LS50 only blocked 60% and no idea what the Q300s have but assume the same 60%.

The LS50s just lacked the oomf that the Q300s gave me. You really need to sub them, or you'll be missing the low end. Q300s is a 6.5" driver and the LS50 is a 5" driver so you'll lose low end no matter what.

I definitely learned that you can do a ton of research but at the end of the day, individual ears are different.

Man of Honour
Lack of bass on the LS50s was one of the negatives many mentioned and it seems from comparisons etc I read back when the Metas came out, is one of the many areas addressed by KEF. This was one area I had to be sure was sorted, as you say, the Q300s bass is very very good.

Back
Top Bottom