Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Never bring a gun to a knife fight :D

Needed a new knife, saw this on the 'zon with a £10 discount promo. I don't understand knife specs but it sounded and looked cool:

20220413_134127.jpg

And indeed it does feel proper.
Is this not the exact same knife but less expensive? :p

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kitchen-Japanese-Stainless-Professional-Ergonomic/dp/B085VXB36D?th=1

Man of Honour
Ah I did see that one but the straight cut-off at the end of the handle annoys me when chopping as my entire palm grips the handle so find a rounded end is more comfortable when chopping tougher things like sweet potatoes. Is the extra bit of comfort worth a tenner difference? Probably not I guess :p

Soldato
Ah I did see that one but the straight cut-off at the end of the handle annoys me when chopping as my entire palm grips the handle so find a rounded end is more comfortable when chopping tougher things like sweet potatoes. Is the extra bit of comfort worth a tenner difference? Probably not I guess :p
Your money, your choice!

Associate
I went to CEX to buy an 8GB CF card they had in stock in a particular store but it had somehow vanished so I was offered a 32GB Sandisk Extreme CF card for the same price at 6 pounds. What a result.

PhugLSS.jpg
The average price of these are selling for 20 pounds on ebay. The prices on these CF cards are going up.
f82edd65-ae46-4135-91d1-8e82c35dc84b

Last edited:
Soldato
Consigliere

https://shop.palaceskateboards.com

There are collaborations that appear throughout the year along with their standard spring, summer, autumn winter collections. To get the hoodie and white t-shirt, I was literally waiting for 11am and by 11.10am, the main 'hero' items were sold out.

I would also suggest a size up.

They also have a store in Soho. :)

Soldato
WHOOP! (And bicep band)

vr1TzcE.jpg

I don't like wearing watches, so happy the bicep band is comfortable.

If I decide to keep the WHOOP, I might look into getting some of their clothing that integrates the unit. I guess the problem is, the most convenient is probably the underwear... but then you have to buy a few pairs I guess! At £59 for two... hmm...

Man of Honour
I went to CEX to buy an 8GB CF card they had in stock in a particular store but it had somehow vanished so I was offered a 32GB Sandisk Extreme CF card for the same price at 6 pounds. What a result.

PhugLSS.jpg
The average price of these are selling for 20 pounds on ebay. The prices on these CF cards are going up.
f82edd65-ae46-4135-91d1-8e82c35dc84b

What's so unique about the lower cap cards I wonder? Having just looked, 128GB SanDisk Extreme UMDA7 cards are £44 refurbished by the seller so the 8/32GB etc being so high doesn't make sense when you can buy the 128GB ones for not much more.

Soldato
Went to B&Q to let off steam while waiting for house purchase to complete, bought random gubbins to save me carrying tools back and forth between old and new house. B&Q appear to have got rid of baskets and placed their orange bags-for-life at the entrance:

No those are substantially different knives :D

Different handle construction (full tang and pins is better than the one you linked with likely a short tang).

Different shape on the back edge of the blade by the finger area.

Different materials. Likely different knife entirely if you compared in person!

You know you can edit posts, right? :p

Associate
What's so unique about the lower cap cards I wonder? Having just looked, 128GB SanDisk Extreme UMDA7 cards are £44 refurbished by the seller so the 8/32GB etc being so high doesn't make sense when you can buy the 128GB ones for not much more.
That is true but I think there are some older cameras out there that have a limit on what capacity card it can take. A 512MB can still sell for the price of a 32GB or for example a 4GB CF card can make the same money or sometimes more than a 32GB CF card depending on what speed it is.

Caporegime
Went to B&Q to let off steam while waiting for house purchase to complete, bought random gubbins to save me carrying tools back and forth between old and new house. B&Q appear to have got rid of baskets and placed their orange bags-for-life at the entrance:

No those are substantially different knives :D

Different handle construction (full tang and pins is better than the one you linked with likely a short tang).

Different shape on the back edge of the blade by the finger area.

Different materials. Likely different knife entirely if you compared in person!

You know you can edit posts, right? :p
Ah, the good old B&Q orange buckets. My dad used to buy them like they were going out of fashion. He couldn’t go in a B&Q without picking up at least 5. His shed was just a mountain of buckets!

Back
Top Bottom