Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Philips Gaming 329M1RV - 32inch 4k 144Hz VRR Monitor with Ambiglow. I had a Philips Hue setup on the back of the monitor for my PS5 and PC with the sync box etc having a high combined cost so moved the kit on along with my Alienware monitor and upgraded to a larger 4k capable monitor. Really impressed with it so far.

GMnHJsW.jpg

Hi, what type of panel is this please and what's that little light to the left?

Interested in replacing my 1440p monitor for my Xbox and work. Have you tried HDR?

My TV is Philips and I love the ambilight, word be great when gaming

Caporegime
An internet box or something.

tTkdx1.jpg

Soldato
Hi, what type of panel is this please and what's that little light to the left?

Interested in replacing my 1440p monitor for my Xbox and work. Have you tried HDR?

My TV is Philips and I love the ambilight, word be great when gaming

It's an IPS panel, think the contrasts on it are superb. Funnily enough they have a XBox specific picture setting etc as its "built for Xbox Series X".

Ambiglow unlike Ambilight seems to be not as responsive, it's great however, just not as good as pure Ambilight. I also have a Philips TV.

I have tried the HDR and despite the HDR 400 rating I've found it really effective. End of the day you're that bit closer to the monitor than the TV naturally.

On another note the built in speakers do a great job as well with various DTS sound options.

As for the light to the left? I'm assuming that's the wireless charger you're referring to.

Soldato
It's an IPS panel, think the contrasts on it are superb. Funnily enough they have a XBox specific picture setting etc as its "built for Xbox Series X".

Ambiglow unlike Ambilight seems to be not as responsive, it's great however, just not as good as pure Ambilight. I also have a Philips TV.

I have tried the HDR and despite the HDR 400 rating I've found it really effective. End of the day you're that bit closer to the monitor than the TV naturally.

On another note the built in speakers do a great job as well with various DTS sound options.

As for the light to the left? I'm assuming that's the wireless charger you're referring to.

Excellent thanks I will have a look at some reviews.

Ah, I thought it was one of those little smart lights

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I do it myself, just use an applicator pad or micrifibre cloth and apply in circular motions then buff off with a clean cloth. Can then apply choice of wax on top if desired or ceramic based spray wax to lock it all in for a few months. I used Collinite boat wax which generally lasts a year but recently have been trying out HydrO2Lite spray which is said to last a few months per application and the quick nature of these mist on then rinse off ceramic sprays is just a bonus.

Soldato
New bike - huge upgrade on my old hardtail. My first full suss as well.

Had to rotate one tyre round so the valve ended up on the name not the make - going tubeless in any case so no hassle.

1zsT32J.jpg
I've started to commute 1.9 miles/day to drop my little one off at child minders. There is about 100 yards of gravel. Do I need this bike?

Just say yes :D

Soldato
New bike - huge upgrade on my old hardtail. My first full suss as well.

Had to rotate one tyre round so the valve ended up on the name not the make - going tubeless in any case so no hassle.

1zsT32J.jpg
Is that the Neuron?

Back in 2016 I got a Nerve (predecessor to the Neuron) and it has been fantastic. I've ridden in Cornwall, Devon, Hampshire, Wales, Scotland, even Germany.

Only now do I feel like I'm starting to reach its limits. Geometry has come a long way since 2016 and I would quite like a 1x12 setup, so thinking about something a bit more enduro than all-mountain. A friend got a new Specialized a few months back which I tested and it felt a lot more smooth and stable.

I'm sure the Neuron is a step up from my old Nerve and I'm confident you will have many happy years of riding with it, especially coming from an old hard tail.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom