Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

mjt

mjt

Soldato
looks a nasty one what did you do?
5th metatarsal base fracture. In the UK you get a boot. In Belgian hospitals a cast is the only way!

I will be seeing my (awesome) GP tomorrow to see if he can get me into a boot next week.

Unless I don’t have a what I think I have, but my X-ray begs to differ.

Soldato
@syke i really enjoyed having a go on my dads PS4 VR done a few laps on GT and he done some flying on a combat game... its actually impressive for the price he got it
Not tried any car games as yet. Mostly FPS and a golf game so far. Farpoint is awesome but my body just needs to get used to the whole moving/turning in game but stationary in person. A lot of fun though!

Associate
No a smoker myself, only ever had one cigar on a friend's 18th - but I bet that smells incredible!

Nice selection there @gort bet it set you back a few bob!

Collecting them is half the enjoyment!
They do smell good but hoping to age them a bit.

Brought them back from abroad.
Less than half the price of buying in the UK.
I'll stock up from now on when I go away, or chance it getting through without the taxes by buying them online.

Associate
5th metatarsal base fracture. In the UK you get a boot. In Belgian hospitals a cast is the only way!

I will be seeing my (awesome) GP tomorrow to see if he can get me into a boot next week.

Unless I don’t have a what I think I have, but my X-ray begs to differ.

Apart from the cast, how is the overall service compared to the UK?

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Apart from the cast, how is the overall service compared to the UK?
I’ll get a bill in the post in a few weeks, with the majority covered by the minimum-level of mandatory health insurance (€10 per month).

I went to a A&E at big hospital in the suburbs of Brussels and was x-rayed after an hour. Had the cast fitted and sent on my way another hour later. It was rather quiet today.
Could you get that done in 2 hours in the UK? This hospital’s A&E averages around 220 patients a day.

Caporegime
I’ll get a bill in the post in a few weeks, with the majority covered by the minimum-level of mandatory health insurance (€10 per month).

I went to a A&E at big hospital in the suburbs of Brussels and was x-rayed after an hour. Had the cast fitted and sent on my way another hour later. It was rather quiet today.
Could you get that done in 2 hours in the UK? This hospital’s A&E averages around 220 patients a day.

Can't get it done in most. I broke my wrist in Cyprus (where I had private health care) and I was in the waiting room for more than two hours.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Can't get it done in most. I broke my wrist in Cyprus (where I had private health care) and I was in the waiting room for more than two hours.
TBF it was a beautiful sunny Sunday (28+ C) and the place was deserted.
My GF went to A&E on a Friday night (with exactly the same thing) last year and was there for 7 hours :p

Soldato

I was in a big accident in Thailand, Ko Samui, and was in, x-rayed and strapped up before I woke up. First thing I remember is being in a taxi in straps and casts. Went back in next day for surgery (I chose it, it was an option that increased recovery speed and I was in agony). Got done that day, and chilled there for 24 hours before I was out. 10/10 would get hit by a bus on a Thai island again.

It would have been very expensive but the nice doctor explained in broken English that carefully written medical reports make happy insurance claims.

Caporegime
I was in a big accident in Thailand, Ko Samui, and was in, x-rayed and strapped up before I woke up. First thing I remember is being in a taxi in straps and casts. Went back in next day for surgery (I chose it, it was an option that increased recovery speed and I was in agony). Got done that day, and chilled there for 24 hours before I was out. 10/10 would get hit by a bus on a Thai island again.

It would have been very expensive but the nice doctor explained in broken English that carefully written medical reports make happy insurance claims.

On a related story, a friend was on one of those party van bus things on some island in Thai Island (you know pick up truck thing, with those crappy little plastic chairs). One of the guys flew off the back, van/taxi drivers response 'It's ok, next one will get him'

Pretty decent care though. But I reckon the tourist accident rate is so high, doctors make a pretty penny out of it!

Back
Top Bottom