Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Do you have a local track you go to? I really miss karting due to the lock down. I have a decent track about 10 minutes from my home so we would go at least once a month. I was tempted to sign up to their subscription of £25 a month for essentially unlimited karting

Soldato
Push - Universal Nation. That was one of the first records I bought in 1998 just after I got my decks.

I've no room for my decks now, I still dabble a bit on the iPad with the DJay app and did a set at my cousins New Years eve party a couple of years back.

I still have a huge collection of records from 1998 - 2001 basically every trance classic of that time. They are boxed up in the garage, but just can't seem to part with them.

I'll make good use of them if you send them my way, i'll pay postage :D

Soldato
I've used those Stantons before. I still prefer my, now ancient, MK2's but these are probably one of the better turntables outside of Technics that I've used. I need to grab some new Ortofons (I use their Concorde DJ ones, the blue and orange ones) as the needles are a bit done now. Can't wait to set everything back up and have a mix, it's been ages! I recently sold my SL2 for almost as much as I bought it for a few years ago! Think I'm going to buy a 2nd hand Rane mixer with it built it.

I was looking for a pair of Technics Mk5's, but someone replied to my facebook post where i was looking for a pair, They were an insurance replacement from her now ex partner and she had no use for them, they came with a Reloop RMX22i mixer which i've since sold, all together i paid $1150 (£575ish) for the lot, and sold the mixer for $250 (£125), so have got the Stantons, and the cartridges for £450 brand new! I couldn't turn it down, and i actually like the Stantons too, so i'll stick with them for a while and concentrate on buying more vinyl.They match my Denons pretty well anyway.

Soldato
I was looking for a pair of Technics Mk5's, but someone replied to my facebook post where i was looking for a pair, They were an insurance replacement from her now ex partner and she had no use for them, they came with a Reloop RMX22i mixer which i've since sold, all together i paid $1150 (£575ish) for the lot, and sold the mixer for $250 (£125), so have got the Stantons, and the cartridges for £450 brand new! I couldn't turn it down, and i actually like the Stantons too, so i'll stick with them for a while and concentrate on buying more vinyl.They match my Denons pretty well anyway.

That's an absolute steal! I'd love some MK5s but I wasn't a fan of the gloss... or the price! Plus my MK2s are still going strong after *lots* of abuse. I would love to have still been hoarding vinyl but it takes up too much space and I was able to buy FLACs for a decent price, when compared to vinyl, which is why I love Scratch Live (never used Traktor) as I was able to buy tunes I wouldn't normally mix with.

I wish I was able to mix with CDJs but something just feels off for me, not sure what it is but touching the wheel doesn't give me the same feel as touching the vinyl

Soldato
That's an absolute steal! I'd love some MK5s but I wasn't a fan of the gloss... or the price! Plus my MK2s are still going strong after *lots* of abuse. I would love to have still been hoarding vinyl but it takes up too much space and I was able to buy FLACs for a decent price, when compared to vinyl, which is why I love Scratch Live (never used Traktor) as I was able to buy tunes I wouldn't normally mix with.

I wish I was able to mix with CDJs but something just feels off for me, not sure what it is but touching the wheel doesn't give me the same feel as touching the vinyl

That's the EXACT reason i bought the SC5000M's, they do feel like you're mixing with turntables, albeit smaller. I've not been disappointed one bit with them. I even hide the BPM on the display when i mix for real old school experience haha

Man of Honour
Casio-A168WA_Wrist%20%20.jpg

Cannot sniff at £11.99 :cool:

Soldato
New boots! No idea how I managed to get a pair, as they sold out instantly, must have been lucky in my size.

(They are very much function over form! So might not look pretty, but if they are good enough for Kipchoge, they'll do for me! ;))

ZrpiBGx.jpg

Soldato
I can feel the bounce from here! Lots of shoes seem to be coming in this new knit stuff. Fancy a pair of either vapourmax with the flyknit or some of the Adidas Ultra boosts but feel I'd probably need to go a size up

Caporegime
Do you have a local track you go to? I really miss karting due to the lock down. I have a decent track about 10 minutes from my home so we would go at least once a month. I was tempted to sign up to their subscription of £25 a month for essentially unlimited karting
I used to live near a really cool one
https://kart.ch/tempodrom/
check the layout :D seems way too twisty

never went karting myself though but the building was shared with a huge kids playground and you could see the karting track below or watch the screens of it if you wanted.

took my kids there, a lot but they were way too young for the karts they used.
also £25 for 8 minutes :S

just about any sport in Switzerland is for the "rich" kids really though whose parents can afford expensive lessons for them

When I was a teen all the criminal friends I had got some work placement thing at a go kart track in Nottingham , I guess it was supposed to straighten them out.

seemed pretty unfair for us mostly law abiding kids... that the trouble makers got to tinker around with gokarts and drive them after hours

Last edited:
Soldato
I used to live near a really cool one
https://kart.ch/tempodrom/
check the layout :D

never went karting myself though but the building was shared with a huge kids playground and you could see the karting track below or watch the screens of it if you wanted.

took my kids there, a lot but they were way too young for the karts they used.

That looks like a very fun track! I find karting a really good way to blow out some cobwebs and find it more physically draining than I would expect!

That's an old video, not of me, of my local track. Though they have taken the chicane on the upper floor before the hairpin right out so that it gives you a chance to go full throttle for a decent bit.

Soldato
is that the one in Avonmouth Industrial estate?

Na not that one, I haven't been there in about 5 years, they've changed it since i last went. That's the Team Sport one, the one above is the Absolute Karting one.

AK was literally about a 45 second walk from where I lived last year, it's about a 10 minute drive now. Probably even less to cycle

Back
Top Bottom