1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Images of items I have purchased.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zefan, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Marky

Capodecina

Great idea! Will finish it off well and stop little shins being cut open :p

2. Greebo

Caporegime

Some detailing on my midget to be followed with a ceramic coating. Looking good so far. 50/50 pic

[​IMG]

3. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

There is 1 thing, nit pick, try not to screw into the end grain, it is the weakest point of the timber. It's not so important here but bear in mind for the future.

4. MarkA

Wise Guy

Thanks for the info. I figured that out while doing it, it popped up one some youtube videos I've been watching too. Even though one of those coach screws were in deep, one of them slid out a little, due to the grain when i was testing how much force it would take to open these joints up. I've got a small pocket hole jig for future instances :)

5. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

Yeah, you need a pocket hole jig for a joint like that. I designed mine to have the timber go round the outside of it to avoid this as I didn't want to buy more tools.

6. mrk

Man of Terrible Jokes

[​IMG]

Today was a goode day.

Although I also god this which I was just as excited about :D

[​IMG]

7. R-evans

Wise Guy

Bought some new tools, a good quality circular saw and a budget jigsaw and orbital sander that I'll upgrade eventually if I start using them more.

[​IMG]

Also bought some timber, wood glue, wood stain, varnish and some trendy hairpin legs to put this together...

[​IMG]

Also bought the two monitors, both of them open box but brand new bargains.

Now my wife has a proper desk to WFH from.

8. TriedandTested

Capodecina

Finally a watch i like! I see lots on these forums, usually not my taste, but that is lovely. What is is?

Edit: found details in the watch thread. :)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  9. mrk

Man of Terrible Jokes

You know what needs to be done now, they only made 500!

10. Diddums

Capodecina

Might just be the picture but that desk looks like it'll fall over at the slightest lateral force :(

Can you post a pic of the underside?

11. R-evans

Wise Guy

Yea I did think once I'd installed the legs that they might need moving out closer to the edge, especially once the monitor arm and monitors weight is on there, but it is actually pretty solid. No wobble whatsoever. I might still push them out a bit for piece of mind, but she has been using it for over a week and had no problems.

The underside is much less flattering :p No cable management at the moment, going to buy a cable tray/cage.

[​IMG]

They don't look as bad from this angle...

[​IMG]

We are renting at the moment and plan to buy at the end of the year, so I didn't make it bigger to fit the space in case it doesn't fit in the next place. I would have made it a bit bigger though if she had told me earlier in the build that she wanted dual monitors, but it works fine.

It is 62.5cm x 100cm, which is what most small/medium PC desks seem to be from a quick google.

12. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

I'd be more happy with a bracing across the legs. But it should be fine long as you don't put sideway movement to it which will put stress on the screws. Although they are L shape, it should hold up just fine.

13. R-evans

Wise Guy

I was prepared to replace the screws with better ones but the ones that came with the legs were pretty good quality, they are really on there.

14. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

I did notice you never treated the base of the table, now that's bugging me lol

15. R-evans

Wise Guy

Yea haha, I considered it but it is never seen, staining would have just been a waste of stain and time for something never seen. The three coats of varnish was put on the bottom for about an inch and a half around the edges, just in case there was a big spill the drip edge would be protected.

16. wez130

Capodecina

I bought some turntables, not the ones I originally wanted, but i got an absolute steal on them, ultimately buy one got one free with a free set of Ortofon cartridges!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then i bought some wood (well, MDF)....

[​IMG]

To build a new desk for this lot....

[​IMG]

That's as far as i've got so far, i've ordered some carbon fibre wrap to wrap the desk when it's done.

17. Dis86

Capodecina

Will the carbon fibre wrap make it lighter?

18. LuckyBenski

Mobster

Your music space is really growing :D

19. neil_g

Capodecina

Hairpin legs are actually pretty solid (depending on thickness obvs).

20. MookJong

Sgarrista

Push - Universal Nation. That was one of the first records I bought in 1998 just after I got my decks.

I've no room for my decks now, I still dabble a bit on the iPad with the DJay app and did a set at my cousins New Years eve party a couple of years back.

I still have a huge collection of records from 1998 - 2001 basically every trance classic of that time. They are boxed up in the garage, but just can't seem to part with them.