Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Man of Honour
Do you get one of those bog trolls waiting in your bathroom, offering to squirt soap on your hands and expecting you to drop £1 on a small silver tray by the sink?

Soldato
Very swish. Did you spec it yourself or did the firm installing it help with the design? Idea of the cost?

The black band of tiles at the top and bottom is a nice touch.

we designed it ourself.

all the work excl tiling was done by a local bathroom fitter and the tiling was done by a contractor the fitter uses.

it was round about 7k all in, £3750 labour and £3300 in the suite and tiles etc etc. Back to bare walls and then tile and refit. I did the rewire myself adding a feed to the whirlpool bath and replacing all the down lighters for matt black ones.

Everything excl the black tinted mirror which was a made to order item, came from victorian plumbing.

Ive had comments from friends that it reminds then of an under ground station, some like above a pub toilet none bother me. Were really happy with the way it turned out.

Caporegime
we designed it ourself.

all the work excl tiling was done by a local bathroom fitter and the tiling was done by a contractor the fitter uses.

it was round about 7k all in, £3750 labour and £3300 in the suite and tiles etc etc. Back to bare walls and then tile and refit. I did the rewire myself adding a feed to the whirlpool bath and replacing all the down lighters for matt black ones.

Everything excl the black tinted mirror which was a made to order item, came from victorian plumbing.

Ive had comments from friends that it reminds then of an under ground station, some like above a pub toilet none bother me. Were really happy with the way it turned out.

Don't know what pubs or train stations your friends go to, it looks good.

Soldato
I think they're really nice and I'd love to have metro tiles somewhere, but I'm also getting a pub toilet vibe (sorry!)

Yeah, those tiles make me think of a public toilet circa 1960s. It's just the style, but I prefer larger, modern tiles with less joints. If people like the small tile style, then they like it <shrug>

Soldato
Decided to get some gear again, fancy doing something a little different on the side seeing as most of the time hobby wise I'm playing classical piano.
jdxa-pic.jpg

Obviously I enjoy playing with knobs! ;) Really love the expression you can put in with a combined mod/pitch stick and the sounds this thing can make are out of this world. :)

Also this arrived. It's amazing fun!
ndlr-pic.jpg

I was inspired to get one by this guy:

Last edited:
Soldato
Funnily I've been looking at that cap too. Is it the olive colour? What do you think of it?

It's the dark grey / black and as with all their stuff, slightly pricey but great quality.

I need a new cap and likely doing the Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge next month so wanted something which would keep me dry if it started to rain

Back
Top Bottom