Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
347214f7d669ffca0dff4fc912553b5c.gif
MGHdH1jQkEPHcy5P8
J9k8G3E4Agj6x8CE6
J9k8G3E4Agj6x8CE6

2IrWnuk

Caporegime
I am still amazed that the myths surrounding diamonds are still believed today even though we have access to the facts surrounding their true history.

Had an argument with a woman who was adamant that they are traditional. Before was it 1940 less than 3% of engagement rings had diamonds in them.

The marketing campaign launched by de beers has been in my opinion the most successful campaign ever. Taking a product which is literally worthless and making people believe that it's worth a lot of money and making people part with thousands to please their ignorant partners who are brainwashed to believe that the bigger the diamond the more they love you.

Soldato
I am still amazed that the myths surrounding diamonds are still believed today even though we have access to the facts surrounding their true history.

Had an argument with a woman who was adamant that they are traditional. Before was it 1940 less than 3% of engagement rings had diamonds in them.

The marketing campaign launched by de beers has been in my opinion the most successful campaign ever. Taking a product which is literally worthless and making people believe that it's worth a lot of money and making people part with thousands to please their ignorant partners who are brainwashed to believe that the bigger the diamond the more they love you.
There's a fantastic series on Netflix called Explained. Short digestible mini documentaries, and there's one on exactly that. How diamonds got turned into a must have, and how the industry adapted its marketing as stuff like man-made diamonds turned up.

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/80216752?preventIntent=true

Man of Honour
Congratulations to you both.

The ring and wedding are the cheap parts. It's much, much more expensive getting out of it a few years down the line :D

Man of Honour
Congratulations!

More like commiserations :p

now that's a purchase!! Congratulations on convincing someone to spend their life with you!

Lucky man,Congrats :)

Thanks all. Yes I'm welll aware of that thread. :D

@ChrisD. Congrats! Looks like an 0.7ct H clarity VS1 princess cut :D

Nope, but the angle is a weird one.

Congrats!

Bit of a random guess, but was that photo taken at Thirlmere by any chance?

It was indeed, but I proposed at Blea Tarn. Lovely part of the world, I haven't been as an adult so I'm glad to have chosen it for a little holiday.

Back
Top Bottom