Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Caporegime
Ah well, it's not as if he's spent thousands on a plastic figure or a picture. It's something he'll be taking out and actually using. Keeps him healthy too, so win win.

Soldato
Out of interest, how sturdy are these super lightweight road bikes?

A friend of mine works in designing and assembling these sort of bikes and i have heard price tags for celebrities and professionals that make these price tags look low end.

The bike i had a kid was heavy as **** but it could take an insane amount of punishment but was likely made from a considerable amount of steel. If i owned one and got knocked off, i would probably be just as worried for the bike as myself!

Soldato
@Spook187 obviously lol How dare someone spend money on something they want too! or how dare you buy something I could never afford. :p

I wouldnt personally spend that much money on a bike simply because I dont cycle - but then someone could say the same to me about my PC when they only play candycrush on their phone. All depends on the hobby of choice.

My uncle has been involved in the road racing scene for decades and has spent upwards of that amount on bikes - but he travels the world either racing or part of a team in a mechanic role/driver etc.

Soldato
People spend their money on their hobbies, and that's that. I know people that spent the cost of that bike on speakers, and again on an amp. It's still peanuts compared to people that race cars or sail yachts at the weekend. If you've got the money, what else are you going to do with it? Money's only good for the things it can buy, and everyone wants different things.

Associate
1jayqv.jpg

Slowly replacing all my audio equipment with B&W. Picked up a Zeppelin wireless last month so got these for work and gym.

Soldato
I've a PlanetX Carbon Road bike - comes in about 6.5Kg. Here's the thing - I don't use it much as it's a handful. If anything it's too light. I much prefer my Cannondale CCX, and use it far more often. Should sell it on, thinking about it.

Soldato
Isnt it better it breaks and reduces impact maybe. I hope he was ok, I had a similar accident (my fault the brakes were wet) years ago and went flying and the bike was mostly fine. I hope he can claim on that guys insurance, some have the attitude Im bigger then you and you got in the way which is not the law of course

Soldato
I've a PlanetX Carbon Road bike - comes in about 6.5Kg. Here's the thing - I don't use it much as it's a handful. If anything it's too light. I much prefer my Cannondale CCX, and use it far more often. Should sell it on, thinking about it.

Plus side: if you sell it you can get away with the lower and cheaper parcel weights

Down side: If you go yodel, it might not make it to the van so get insurance

Man of Honour
Isnt it better it breaks and reduces impact maybe. I hope he was ok, I had a similar accident (my fault the brakes were wet) years ago and went flying and the bike was mostly fine. I hope he can claim on that guys insurance, some have the attitude Im bigger then you and you got in the way which is not the law of course

The problem with CF is it doesn't always go quite that spectacularly and the only way to really know if you're then riding a ticking time bomb is to have the whole lot x ray'd to check for stress fractures that you can't see.

Back
Top Bottom