Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Soundbar + Rear speakers?
I haven't looked at that model so might be completely wrong but usually soundbars don't tend to support things like True HD / DTS HD etc as they create their own virtual effect, wouldn't a traditional 5.1 / 7.1 setup have given you a better surround sound.

Bry

Bry

Associate
New soundbar and rear speakers. The TV is only there because it actually worked out cheaper to buy the rest with the TV than without!

wGYwJwe.jpg.png

I'm really thinking if getting these myself.
Would apprecate of you could let me know what you think of them?
Some people have said rear speakers can be quite quiet ? Or have pairing problems (but I think this was on older speakers )

Bry

Bry

Associate
I haven't looked at that model so might be completely wrong but usually soundbars don't tend to support things like True HD / DTS HD etc as they create their own virtual effect, wouldn't a traditional 5.1 / 7.1 setup have given you a better surround sound.

I'm not sure if that' the 450, 650 or 750. But they are all virtually identical.

By adding the wireless rear speakers it creates a true 5.1 experience, nothing virtual about it and means you dont have to run wires everywhere. The soundbar does havd a mini sub built in but tbh you would be wise tk buy the separate wireless sub too.

Should support all major formats

Dts hd looks like it might be supported
http://www.avsforum.com/samsung-sound-hw-ms650-soundbar-review/

Associate
Log splitter. (or home defence against mice) :p

20171121_140505.jpg

Soldato

The rear speakers provide the rear channels, so all it's lacking is a dedicated sub which is fine as I live in a flat and don't need earth-shattering bass. This is replacing an entry-level Onkyo 5.1 AVR, and to my ears it sounds much better.The lack of HD audio formats isn't a deal-breaker for me really, I rarely watch Blu-rays these days.

I'm really thinking if getting these myself.
Would apprecate of you could let me know what you think of them?
Some people have said rear speakers can be quite quiet ? Or have pairing problems (but I think this was on older speakers )

I'm really impressed with it, the rear speakers paired no problem and they sound great, the sound is much 'wider' than the rear speakers on previous set-up too.

Bry

Bry

Associate
The rear speakers provide the rear channels, so all it's lacking is a dedicated sub which is fine as I live in a flat and don't need earth-shattering bass. This is replacing an entry-level Onkyo 5.1 AVR, and to my ears it sounds much better.The lack of HD audio formats isn't a deal-breaker for me really, I rarely watch Blu-rays these days.

I'm really impressed with it, the rear speakers paired no problem and they sound great, the sound is much 'wider' than the rear speakers on previous set-up too.

Thats great thanks for confirming!

Soldato
New TV Unit with speaker type material front, hides all the boxes but the remotes, controllers etc still work.
New Toys to go with it

How does that pad compare with the normal one? Does it feel/perform better? I am playing a lot of third person games on my pc recently and wouldnt mind a nicer pad if they perform better. Especially in fighting games as the standard d-pad is awful for that.

Back
Top Bottom