Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Permabanned
To be honest, I might spring for a demo of the LS50 actives. There is one thing the PMA-60 doesn't do (nor do any amps in this small form factor class do really), and that is bass management. It has a sub pre out, but no high pass filtering, which is lame.

While I'm demoing the LS50s, I'm still thinking the bass is a bit lacking (especially at the low volumes I listen to. Makes sense, bass energies are the highest and thus the first to go when turning down the power. Probably wouldn't be an issue if I had it cranked up in a larger room). That's not to say the bass isn't *good*, it just doesn't have the extension I'd like or am used to, It's still punchy and nice, just by laws of physics, unable to extend that low compared to the R300s which just throws enough bass at you at all volumes to blow your teeth off (probably a tad TOO much).

So I'm thinking of maybe playing with the idea of adding a sub, just to see if the LS50s would really shine with a full range sound added to it. I hear they sound even better once you high pass off the low frequencies so the cone only has to deal with the mids and highs, but alas, cannot do that on the PMA-60. I can do that on the LS50w though easily, and it would clear up clutter on the desk as a bonus.

My only issue? I hate how the LS50s normally look. The black edition is right up my alley, lol.

The active KEF's are very good and worth an audition, I think they run 200w> amps so this would be a good indicator of what the passive LS50's would need. If I remember correctly the passive's are not very sensitive 85db or something so amp choice would be critical to get the best out of them.

Have you considered good active near field monitors from the likes of Adam and Dynaudio for your PC setup and running a separate HiFi setup away from your desk? I run KEF X300A's on my desk and have a separate stereo HiFi system as below:-

Speakers: Acoustic Energy Reference 1
Amp: Naim Supernait 2
Transport: Simaudio Moon 260D
DAC: Chord Qutest

Last edited:
Caporegime
Oh would you look at that - loadsamoney has appeared just as the troll in banished. Coincidence? I think not!
Bet nobody's ever seen them in the same room together either.

Saying that I've not seen him and batman in the same room together either. I shall ponder this further.

Caporegime
Oh would you look at that - loadsamoney has appeared just as the troll in banished. Coincidence? I think not!
Bet nobody's ever seen them in the same room together either.

Saying that I've not seen him and batman in the same room together either. I shall ponder this further.

I only popped in here to see what people had been buying :confused:

Soldato
cNVKsp6.jpg

Bit of an impulse rainforest buy after a few too many in the sun Friday evening...but my trusty P5s are a bit battered now and the 35 EUR for new earpads seems a bit daft. The other half is happy with em though!

Impressed with the PX so far. Happy it works as a USB headset on the PS4, didn't check before buying

Back
Top Bottom