Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Man of Honour
Do you just spend the day sunbathing, relaxing, swimming and drinking? Or is alcohol not allowed?
Yep had some great cocktails. Many many slides were the order of the day.

This was probably my favourite slide:

This not-lazy ‘fearless river’ was also incredible - had wave machines in it :D vid looks a bit naff but it was quite ferocious! You can get a good view of the other slides too.

There were also a few ‘bomb door’ type slides that were pretty frightening.

Currently chilling by the hotel pool before heading off to a Disney theme park Halloween party tonight. I’m such a child :D

Man of Honour
That looks so awesome :D

I would happily just spend a week at a water resort like that :D
I may go back there tomorrow haven’t decided. The last thing I’ll say about it before I bore you all to death... if you zoom in on the image on left side of the volcano at the top, you can see the ‘straight down’ drop slide tube that makes it way through the volcano. Then if you go to the pool you can see people leaning against what looks like a ‘ledge’ / dividing wall but it’s actually the end of the drop slide and every 30
seconds or so you saw someone shoot through it :cool:

Soldato
I may go back there tomorrow haven’t decided. The last thing I’ll say about it before I bore you all to death... if you zoom in on the image on left side of the volcano at the top, you can see the ‘straight down’ drop slide tube that makes it way through the volcano. Then if you go to the pool you can see people leaning against what looks like a ‘ledge’ / dividing wall but it’s actually the end of the drop slide and every 30
Awesome - sounds exactly what I need right now haha :D

Super jealous :p Was it very expensive to hire the place you took the pic? It looks like you got an awesome spot! :)

Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday! :)

Caporegime

Great view very jealous.

The Bomb Bay at Wet n Wild Orlando scared the living **** out of me, epic 6 story drop slide but i refused to go on a second time.

Soldato
uTgbD7J.jpg.png

New case, gfx card and case fans. I can't believe how quiet my PC is when idle, it's pretty much silent if theres any ambient sound in the room. The psu and gfx cards fans don't spin up until its under load and the case fans run at 300/400rpm using the mobos fan control app and pwm Noiseblocker e-loop fans. Also all ssd, so no hdd noise.

Man of Honour
Awesome - sounds exactly what I need right now haha :D

Super jealous :p Was it very expensive to hire the place you took the pic? It looks like you got an awesome spot! :)

Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday! :)
Thanks! It was quite expensive yes (£330 for the day excluding admission) and even more expensive in peak season but it really was rather lovely and we definitely sat it in for a few hours chilling out and resting (something which is easy to forget to do) - someone actually did a little tour of that very cabana on YouTube which sold it to me but it was by determination / luck that allowed me to book the very same one :) it has a cool ‘booking point’ for the slides there which we also definitely made use of - booked in a slide slot for an hours time, ordered drinks and food - ate that and then off to ride. If the sum of money doesn’t sound ‘painful’ then I’d suggest going for it - the convenience of having a locker and fridge at ‘base’ is amazing. We actually did the same thing at typhoon lagoon, a nearby Disney water park with a ridiculous wave machine which was also awesome.

Great view very jealous.

The Bomb Bay at Wet n Wild Orlando scared the living **** out of me, epic 6 story drop slide but i refused to go on a second time.

Yup I remember that one! The scariest one at Volcano Bay was actually not the big drop slide (which was a pant wetting 125 ft and the joint third tallest body slide in the world :eek:) but a bomb door ride that did a drop from the same height (i.e joint third tallest) then went through twists and turns on the way to the bottom. Holy crap that was frightening (and painful)!

Last edited:
Soldato
We did volcano Bay in April and it was great. No queues for anything although it was a bit chilly but the water was fine.

We turned up in trunks and all the staff had hoodies and trackies on ha.

I was giving all the big man chat to the girlfriend who refused to do the vertical drop slides, but I was crapping myself when you wait for the floor to drop.

Soldato
uTgbD7J.jpg.png

New case, gfx card and case fans. I can't believe how quiet my PC is when idle, it's pretty much silent if theres any ambient sound in the room. The psu and gfx cards fans don't spin up until its under load and the case fans run at 300/400rpm using the mobos fan control app and pwm Noiseblocker e-loop fans. Also all ssd, so no hdd noise.

Nice looking setup you have there :)

I notice the monitor audio speakers there too, how do you like those? I have recently bought bronze 5 floorstanders for the living room. Currently using q acoustics with my pc.

Soldato
Nice looking setup you have there :)

I notice the monitor audio speakers there too, how do you like those? I have recently bought bronze 5 floorstanders for the living room. Currently using q acoustics with my pc.

Thanks! Really liking the speakers. At first I thought they were a bit too bassy, but I think that was more to do with the fact they were on a desk. I bought a £10 granite chopping board from B&M and cut it in half to put under each speaker and also added some silicone rubber acustifeet and they now sound perfect. I'm no audio expert though, so can't go into any detail about the sound, but coming from a Technics hifi they blew me away.

Soldato
Thanks! Really liking the speakers. At first I thought they were a bit too bassy, but I think that was more to do with the fact they were on a desk. I bought a £10 granite chopping board from B&M and cut it in half to put under each speaker and also added some silicone rubber acustifeet and they now sound perfect. I'm no audio expert though, so can't go into any detail about the sound, but coming from a Technics hifi they blew me away.

Best use of a B&M chopping board ever :p

Soldato
Okay, thanks to @mrk I ended up buying a K780 to try it out. It is surprisingly nice! Much quieter compared to the surface keyboard, but still has nice feedback to it. I thought the smaller arrow keys would be a turn-off but it doesn't seem to be bothering me much yet. Battery life will also be way better as expected, so that's nice.

Finally being able to dock my phone in my keyboard is a great idea - I'm a fan!

Shilled by khan again.

Back
Top Bottom