1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Images of items I have purchased.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zefan, Jun 29, 2016.

1. robfosters

Caporegime

At first I thought £20 a month was a lot for water, but then I realised that I probably spend around £30 a month on bottled water now.

2. LuckyBenski

Mobster

It's the filters I'm wary of, boiling tap seems cheap enough but annual filters soon go over that cost.

3. wonder_lander

Soldato

Well if you want 2 months rental free then there's a customer referral program and I can trust you the code over? No issue if not and you can find similar 2 month codes from other people with them too.

4. wonder_lander

Soldato

That was one of the reasons we took the monthly rental option. No need to worry about the replacement consumable items plus you can upgrade the machine if you fancy a change of model and they will come and de-install it if you move home

5. robfosters

Caporegime

Do you still need a kettle or does this replace it?

6. wonder_lander

Soldato

It replaces that too, we were previously using a Breville One Cup for tea making but the virgin pure is much hotter than that! Obviously it depends on your use case but for us it's a perfect replacement for filtered cold water and our one cup

7. robfosters

Caporegime

I’m definitely interested. I take it that it’s properly plumbed in. I’m just worried about how tricky the installation will be.

8. Jasoncmor

Gangster

Does it filter arsenic, fluoride and heavy metals from the water?

9. wonder_lander

Soldato

The installer came along plugged it in and drilled through the work top, running the water line to the cold water feed under our sink he added a new T Piece and shut off valve.
    The installation FAQ'a are here https://virginpure.com/customer-support/frequently-asked-questions/installation/
    Needs to be within 1.5m of plug and 10m of water, ours is above the washing machine, next to the sink.

10. wonder_lander

Soldato

11. Yas786

Caporegime

Yep have to agree, I just got back from a few weeks out in Australia and I pretty much just used the noise cancelling on my Sony XM3s. Stupidly good at blocking everything out and they almost lasted me the whole flight there. I compared them to the wifeys Bose QC35’s and they were utterly crap...gave me a headache after awhile. Told the wifey to chuck them away, I’ve bought her a pair of xm3’s as she prefers them over the Bose.

12. Steedie

Man of Honour

Yeah, own both and the QC35 noise cancelling is pants. Audio is fantastic but the Sony's are the better headphones all round imo

13. HungryHippos

Soldato

Looks interesting but think it will struggle against my Breville one-cup and separate Brita water filter jug for cost efficiency.

Probably more worthwhile if you have a bigger household with more people using it.

14. wonder_lander

Soldato

From a cost perspective I can completely understand that, but being plumbed in is fantastic. You never need to fill it up and it’s not taking up space in the fridge!

15. LiE

Capodecina

My parents have one, it does make some noise now and then so not sure it would work in an open plan living room kitchen space.

The T7 looks much better, I never liked the look of the T6.

Amazing during summer for cold drinks and the hot water is handy for filling a pot for cooking.

16. wonder_lander

Soldato

The T7 was a fiver extra per month and I’m not sure I see the value in that. The installer recommend the T6 too when he came out.

17. Ahleckz

Capodecina

Wtf? Why on earth? Are you mental? This is literally the biggest waste of money ever.
    Please tell me how this is worth it...

£280 a year for a water dispenser, plumbed into the same pipe as your tap. Your free tap.

18. LiE

Capodecina

How’s the noise?

19. wonder_lander

Soldato

Not too bad to be honest. You obviously hear the chiller cooling the water and the hot water side bringing the temperature up but it’s in the kitchen along with all the other noisey appliances! :D

20. wonder_lander

Soldato

It’s filtering and chilling the water and providing boiling water on tap too.

Compare it too the cost of a water filter jug and a boiling water tap and it’s very reasonable.

Your mileage may vary but for us the £ is worth it for our lifestyle.