1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Images of items I have purchased.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zefan, Jun 29, 2016.

1. robfosters

Caporegime

Are they overkill for watching TV in a quiet room where no noise cancelling is needed?

2. Minstadave

Capodecina

For gym use these would be far too hot for me. Even walking in them can get uncomfortably sweaty.

3. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

I can recommend Jabra Sport Elite. They even track your Heart Rate if that's any use to you.

It's what I mainly use mine for... mind you, in summer I have my air con going and that's quite noisy. You could argue you get much the same experience from a £100 of headphones I expect mind you.

4. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

These kind of noise cancelling wireless headphones comes into their own if you do a lot of public transport commuting. It blocks out everything and let you zone out. I drive to work so never use them apart from when I go on the plane. That’s where they are indispensable as the Sony has the best noise cancelling and even if you don’t play any music it does a great job of blocking out the engine and cabin noise.

5. SupraWez

Wise Guy

I picked up a cheap pair of JBL 500BT for the gym, obviously not high fidelity though :)

6. mjt

Capodecina

Get some nice Sennheisers if you don't need the noise cancellation.

7. robfosters

Caporegime

I’ve got some cheap Philips ones. They’re ok, but I feel they lack a bit in audio quality when watching a movie. I’ll have a look at the Sennheiser’s. Can I get a decent pair for about £100?

8. wonder_lander

Soldato

Just had a Virgin Pure Water T6 installed....so far I'm very impressed with it!
    Hot and cold filtered water from one machine at the touch of a button!

[​IMG]

9. Raikiri

Capodecina

For around £100 I'd get a pair of DT990 Pros (£101 to be exact). Sennheiser are also excellent but you need to spend a little more to get a comparable set imo.

10. robfosters

Caporegime

Do you have to pay monthly For that?

11. wonder_lander

Soldato

You can buy the machine upfront for £450 but then have to buy replacement filters and UV lamps or pay £19.99 per month for a 12 month rolling contract with replacement filters and descaler every 6 months and UV lamp every 12. £39.99 instllation too.

12. robfosters

Caporegime

At first I thought £20 a month was a lot for water, but then I realised that I probably spend around £30 a month on bottled water now.

13. LuckyBenski

Wise Guy

It's the filters I'm wary of, boiling tap seems cheap enough but annual filters soon go over that cost.

14. wonder_lander

Soldato

Well if you want 2 months rental free then there's a customer referral program and I can trust you the code over? No issue if not and you can find similar 2 month codes from other people with them too.

15. wonder_lander

Soldato

That was one of the reasons we took the monthly rental option. No need to worry about the replacement consumable items plus you can upgrade the machine if you fancy a change of model and they will come and de-install it if you move home

16. robfosters

Caporegime

Do you still need a kettle or does this replace it?

17. wonder_lander

Soldato

It replaces that too, we were previously using a Breville One Cup for tea making but the virgin pure is much hotter than that! Obviously it depends on your use case but for us it's a perfect replacement for filtered cold water and our one cup

18. robfosters

Caporegime

I’m definitely interested. I take it that it’s properly plumbed in. I’m just worried about how tricky the installation will be.

19. Jasoncmor

Gangster

Does it filter arsenic, fluoride and heavy metals from the water?

20. wonder_lander

Soldato

The installer came along plugged it in and drilled through the work top, running the water line to the cold water feed under our sink he added a new T Piece and shut off valve.
    The installation FAQ'a are here https://virginpure.com/customer-support/frequently-asked-questions/installation/
    Needs to be within 1.5m of plug and 10m of water, ours is above the washing machine, next to the sink.