Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Caporegime
Yep it has a very high chance of being RIP within a few months. The instructions say water daily and then feed every 2 weeks. I'm hoping the light within my office is ample.

I kept them both by the window. I tried feed, I water (may be one time too much), but the leaves just slowly disappear....I end up putting one in the bin and then other I stuck it into the garden, which i think turned into fertiliser now instead of growing.

In theory I would've thought they are much more resilient, i mean they are essentially big trees but stuck in a small pot. I think if you put them in a bigger pot it will grow relative to the size of its roots. In reality they are the hardest thing to keep alive.

Or that i suck at gardening. Evidently the latter.

Soldato
I kept them both by the window. I tried feed, I water (may be one time too much), but the leaves just slowly disappear....I end up putting one in the bin and then other I stuck it into the garden, which i think turned into fertiliser now instead of growing.

In theory I would've thought they are much more resilient, i mean they are essentially big trees but stuck in a small pot. I think if you put them in a bigger pot it will grow relative to the size of its roots. In reality they are the hardest thing to keep alive.

Or that i suck at gardening. Evidently the latter.

They're supposedly very expensive. I recall reading a news story a week or 2 back about a couple in Japan who had a number of them stolen out of their garden at an approximate cost of something like 90 grand! I think they said they had one that was 200 years old that had been passed down generations in their family.

Associate
That looks like a Chinese Elm bonsai tree, which are one of the hardiest trees, they usually do pretty well with little help. They will often loose their leaves, even when indoors (Chinese Elm can survive indoors or outdoors), so doesn't always mean it has died. Watering a little daily and spraying the leaves every few days should keep oy going a while.

Soldato
Yep it has a very high chance of being RIP within a few months. The instructions say water daily and then feed every 2 weeks. I'm hoping the light within my office is ample.

A very small amount of water every day, you don't want to waterlog. A bit more in the summer, a bit less in the winter. You might want to try one of those red/blue LED plant lights. You can get them on a flexible arm that just clips to the edge of a desk. I've found they help a lot as there's never enough indoor light. We've got a 20+year old yucca, cacti, a 10 year orchid, etc. in a south facing room with lots of light, but they really perked up when we gave them some artificial light to make the days longer and supplement the grey days.

Last edited:
Soldato
They're supposedly very expensive. I recall reading a news story a week or 2 back about a couple in Japan who had a number of them stolen out of their garden at an approximate cost of something like 90 grand! I think they said they had one that was 200 years old that had been passed down generations in their family.

The bonsais at Wisley are chained down!

Back
Top Bottom