Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Caporegime
Like I said, it’s about the whole experience and the whole experience isn’t just about the sound quality, it goes down to knowing there is no conversion happening at all from start to finish.

I'm not disagreeing with your personal preference. If knowing that you, out of personal preference, just want to have a purely analogue chain (at least in the bits you can control, ignoring that there might well have been a digital master anyway thus this "no conversion from start to finish" is likely flawed in plenty of cases) then that is fine, each to their own.

I'm pointing out both that there are other reasons to buy vinyl, you quoted someone's purchase and declared that the point of vinyl is X... when that is a rather superfluous thing to be concerned about and presumably doesn't actually undermine whatever reasons he buys vinyl for. I'd also disagree with those comparisons you've given in the post as you're conflating things where there is a perceivable difference with a scenario where you're concerned about something slightly irrational and which is already somewhat undermined before you can get your hands on the recording. Anyway this perhaps isn't the thread to carry on discussing vinyl (I'm not anti vinyl btw..) and I've made my point now :)

Caporegime
I'm not disagreeing with your personal preference. If knowing that you, out of personal preference, just want to have a purely analogue chain (at least in the bits you can control, ignoring that there might well have been a digital master anyway thus this "no conversion from start to finish" is likely flawed in plenty of cases) then that is fine, each to their own.

I'm pointing out both that there are other reasons to buy vinyl, you quoted someone's purchase and declared that the point of vinyl is X... when that is a rather superfluous thing to be concerned about and presumably doesn't actually undermine whatever reasons he buys vinyl for. I'd also disagree with those comparisons you've given in the post as you're conflating things where there is a perceivable difference with a scenario where you're concerned about something slightly irrational and which is already somewhat undermined before you can get your hands on the recording. Anyway this perhaps isn't the thread to carry on discussing vinyl (I'm not anti vinyl btw..) and I've made my point now :)

Hence why I ended the first post with "For me anyway"

And then finished with "That's Fair."

So….this is all a waste of time lol

Soldato
.... Adam Audio t7v’s. I’ve listened to both at a music store in Romford and at that price level, the Adams just blew everything else away...
Haven't heard the T7V's but have A/B'd a few times the A7X's with my 14 year-old Gen1 RP8's and i'd agree the Adam's are a lot more musical and nicer to listen to (ribbon tweeter makes a massive difference) whereas the Rokit's are very sterile. But then the Adam's are over twice the price and i'm not entirely convinced on the accuracy.

Hedd or Focal would be other options in that sort of (very ish) price bracket.

Soldato
The initial phase of some foam sound deadening to aid aforementioned singing career (also it keeps the neighbours happy, not that it does much)

As a sound engineer it really irks me to see you go to the trouble of putting foam on your wall (I presume you want to kill echo's because that all foam does) and have your monitors positioned basically like a new wall

Caporegime
Nice strap

I have a tendency to drop my phones whilst drunk, so I've decided enough is enough and it's time to put an ugly strap on. :o

Verdict so far?

I've the S9 and it's been fine. What does the S10 bring to the table, and did you get contract or go SIMO?

I came from an S8 and even after a few hours of using the new screen, the S8 now seems dated. It just feels so much nicer. Not had a chance to test out the features yet though, apart from the camera which is fantastic.

Soldato
My £6 graphics card.

Well, this is horrible. What the hell happened to this? "used in good condition"
You know you see the auctions where they state "from a pet/smoke free home", well that's the opposite.

Seriously a mate of mine quite smoking after seeing what it had done to the inside of his computer, they should put pictures of that on boxes not black lungs and cancer patients lol.

Soldato
gN8m01T.jpg.png

Impulse purchase as I saw it on Hotukdeals going for half price (apparently) £33 at Debenhams. I used to get an Airfix kit for Christmas every year from my uncle when I was about 8 or so onwards. I used to love building and painting them, but sadly, being a stupid kid i'd end up breaking or losing all the finished models over time.

After reading up it seems this is one of the hardest kits to build as its so old and there is a tone of flashing that needs to be cut/filed off etc. Also noticed they supply all the paint you need, but its some water based stuff, which ruins the nostalgia a bit as it used to be oil based and smelt awesome. At least the glue still smells the same as I remember.

I don't have an air brush, so it's probably not going to look too good, but I'm not too bothered. If this goes well I might invest in an airbrush and compressor down the line and build some more kits.

Associate
I would save until you have an air brush to do it justice. Please don't take as a criticism, as you may be very skilled, only I would not brush stroke a model larger than 1:72 by hand. This is going back to lessons learned from my youth.

It's been years since I last built a model. A 1:24 kit is pretty big and like painting an RC car - using a brush and small pots of paint. :(

Man of Honour
N754eialTdr-9p3RKF1ljSMF_8Yh1j3h8uhD86x3-FiiHcYmg-ZRf0dYWLnCeRrvxczLv3EZUo4QzIm_AE-HpVjQMXhUAPFSEujGG4NsXfbQm8Msa7iPK-qGCLvg_VDCOjAwAto6lIlYytYo-IvhNY6zNGfH6PweADlxRsywPCEx_-ErxjFgKhop4hXdHvAeNl-CWHo60DgniYvOIA6RN7E9PytpWvDW2WkhTBsImJowqT2p4CATjhexRGoRcEr7XNRqgp6HnYC4l5PYz18m8tQq33fO3faStU-Ovq5BE9W8LZJfrvK8mfd1vwO1eFLjmIqw0XPvibnUX8Pe-JbL40bxfGkOeUv4RaIwUwism1e8OGGQeNn8pclJk8JemIB4cGH-YQ_7OfoecOmlewwNnHG2fpIgCj3uLAjb0WwL-p5t9L1gz6m2jJetkrL-WfO9tE7c57v8DodcdGA-3GS7qxxOL2pVc411MGVpcN6noc5XcMBl0Y8FgahLxaClF2pOhxZk0fmzUxTlNJlHBHcwWXxRw5yQfeqD9ZASdIzavgF7rKRX_k8r5I4uvyQnBrUyuyv_0os22kEvTmTKx2vaANaaB8dH2Frl43wFFlkiL9u2QvtmS5WCxZ3pYGjwtLAHva7eQuyEm7iuD1rKWCGYwwIUOoL4qPJXtpMuXXDSxALqPZFRennYDRLocs3Gtw5dplpUJ5Al3jnxKtH2uZg4D50lzQ=s1082-no

Some Wiley X Valor shades for driving.

Caporegime
I would save until you have an air brush to do it justice. Please don't take as a criticism, as you may be very skilled, only I would not brush stroke a model larger than 1:72 by hand. This is going back to lessons learned from my youth.

It's been years since I last built a model. A 1:24 kit is pretty big and like painting an RC car - using a brush and small pots of paint. :(
@Mark A As a modeller myself, I second this. Brush painting a 1/24 is the preserve of experts. Even the most experienced modellers struggle badly.

Why don’t you pop a thread in the scale modelling forum and we can give you more advice :)

Back
Top Bottom