1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imperator: Rome (Paradox's Next Grand Strategy Title)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Random Guy Esq., May 19, 2018.

1. Random Guy Esq.

Wise Guy

Here's the blurb, straight from the horse's mouth;

It's an era that has been covered a lot, but if it has some of Paradox's usual depth and attention to detail, then I'm very excited.

2. Random Guy Esq.

Wise Guy

There are a few screenshots on the Steam store page. They show how big the map is!

3. Tombstone

Capodecina

I wish they would do something Pre-Rome, Babylonia, Sumeria, Ancient Egypt etc.

4. Panos

Capodecina

Yeah, according to the presentation with the solders and the game designer Johan Andersson dressed as Caesar on the announcement feature at PDXCon it will cover from Britain and diagonally carve all way down to India and Afghanistan.

Looks impressive because it incorporates mechanics from four games. Parts of EUIV diplomacy and general mechanics, the characters and AI from CK2, pops from Vicky 2 and production from HOI IV.
    It is going to be possibly the best game they made by that time and I do not believe Johan Andersson has made a bad game yet, since he is responsible for HOI III, CK2, EUIV and Stellaris....

Also AOW Planetfall looks great for next year also.... Add the usual DLCs for HOI IV, Surviving Mars, CK2, EUIV also, PDX going to get few hundred pounds of me again next year...as they already have this year so far...

5. Random Guy Esq.

Wise Guy

Ah I thought I had seen something about a new AOW alright. I'm not going to get much work done in 2019 it seems. :o

6. Panos

Capodecina

7. Random Guy Esq.

Wise Guy

8. apg

Associate

Omg omg omg

9. Panos

Capodecina

heheheheh :D

10. apg

Associate

I like the size and the aesthetic. Definitely looks an improvement on EUIV. They have also mentioned though about new improved 3D character portraits, I like the current ck2 ones though so i hope they arent 'too' 3d and hold some of their style.

I think this is pre rome. If you look at one of the screenshots Rome is still a minor state along with other nation states. Plus dont forget there will probably be some sort of mod for the dates you may wish.

11. suenstar

Hitman

Love Paradox's strategy games so really looking forward to adding another one to the collection.

12. Tombstone

Capodecina

I hope so, I always wanted to play as Sumeria in Europa Universalis IV but apparently there was an issue with pre-AD dates which meant that nobody did a mod of it

13. suenstar

Hitman

Judging from the little bit of text on the Steam page about it being around "Alexander’s Successor Empires", looks like it'll likely have the timeline starting from around 235BC.

14. apg

Associate

Ye I don't think that will be an issue this time around. We should get some dd's soon confirming the playable dates. Ck's dd day has been moved from Monday to Friday so maybe the first imperator Dec diary will be next Monday!?

15. Panos

Capodecina

Given the initial map and the date 1/1/450 AUC that means the game starts at 302-303BC.
    So all the Diacochi are still alive (battle of Ipsus took place in 301BC) which will make the game interesting because of the further fragmentation of the area, for a great political game, if is true that all CK2 elements are in game with the AI agents.

Personally looking forward to play with the Antigonid dynasty, especially Antigonus I Monothalmus and his son Demetrius I Poliorcetes, because is time to beat the rest of the usurpers of Alexander's Empire.
    Also Demetrius is a very historically intrigue figure, that not many in the west know about him. He was worshipped by the Athenians as titular god, after it freed the city from the Macedonian rule but they even closed their doors at him after Ipsus, when he lost everything. But from nothing became the King of Macedonia later establishing the dynasty until the Romans.
    Also Demetrius is the one who moved the siege technology ahead, by improving the battering ram and helepolis designs, and his designs remained in use for thousand years.

16. Panos

Capodecina

Small presentation of the game at PDXCon

17. Tombstone

Capodecina

Nice , looks like they've tarted it up nicely

18. apg

Associate

Yes the zoom-in looked great, and there seem to be a lot of little 'provinces' with many resources. Looks very vibrant and flavourful.

19. Panos

Capodecina

Second dev diary today, displaying the detail of the world in terms of cities/provinces.

[​IMG]

20. Panos

Capodecina

Huh time flies by :)

Do people still here follow the game? Many interesting things have come up with the current campaigns showcased by PDX, especially the Egyptian one, however not even the top of the iceberg is been covered ;)