Import Goods from Canada and charges

Associate
I ordered an item a little while ago (tech repair related) and the part was only available in canada so made the order fully expecting import/duty charges etc and a call from the courier. Its value is around £60 and was delivered super quickly with no request for any extra monies.

I'm concerned there may be extra charges to front up for down the line (+fines?) unless there is something i've missed, why would they just deliver it without asking for the money upfront (unless its a clerical error of some sort)

Anyone had similar

Soldato
Could well come after. Completely normal.

I got a bill from TNT quite a while (couple of months at least) after my parcel arrived. Included the custom fees plus a Deferment fee. I asked why this was and they said unless you have a deferment account and instruct them to use it, they will pay the custom on your behalf, add on their fee and send you the bill.

Commissario
It depends on delivery method, how it was declared and luck.

If RM and lucky you may not get any charge, if virtually any other delivery company then you could end up getting a letter in a few weeks for the cost of handling the clearance and VAT,

Back
Top Bottom