• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

~~~~~IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Regarding Intel Sandybridge CPU/Motherboards (1000's IN STOCK)!!~~~~~

going to pass just now :(

if anyone wants it ordered on their behalf all i need is your bank account number and sort codes

fonejacker_george.jpg

I might build a small pyramid but nothing epic as with us already started to sell/ship stock its all in warehouse locations and the warehouse manager gets proper grumpy when you move his stock, but shall get some CPU and motherboard photos done. :)

thats no good :) we need to see the empirestate building etc :) non of this wall malarcy

I was sat here thinking to myself "sigh i won't be able to afford that for months" then i realised my current board and cpu are still worth something :D

Soon as i get a tenant for my flat so i know im money safe i'm jumping on a 2600K + Board!

Excuse my ignorance but are these the only two chip variants that'll be available for some time?

With the earlier ocUK price for the P8P67 + i5-2500k combo being about £ 25 inc VAT more expensive then the cheapest pre-order competitor and this being discussed on this forum I would not mind betting this will force ocUK hand and they will slash the prices to around the same at launch.

So those who have not yet ordered can look forward to an i5-2500k for about £ 175 inc VAT and a P8P67 for about £ 120 inc VAT.

You know OcUK know their customers well and they know no one here cares about £25 if it means getting their i series now :D

Thats not too bad if that was for the best mobo - which I'm unsure about as all info regarding Sandy Bridge has been taken down. I'm after a mobo with 4 Sata 6GBps Sata ports not just the old 2 so I hope these are offered for those like myself wanting to spend a bit more.

I like the MSI Control Center II for the ease of oc'ing, but will OCUK be offering an overclocked bundle (CPU+Mobo+RAM+Cooler) with speeds of at least 4.5GHz in mind in an already configured BIOS? And if so, when will this be available to order?

Thanks and looking forward to owning a 2600K soon :)

With the earlier ocUK price for the P8P67 + i5-2500k combo being about £ 25 inc VAT more expensive then the cheapest pre-order competitor and this being discussed on this forum I would not mind betting this will force ocUK hand and they will slash the prices to around the same at launch.

So those who have not yet ordered can look forward to an i5-2500k for about £ 175 inc VAT and a P8P67 for about £ 120 inc VAT.

But as Gibbo stated, anyone showing pre orders are likely to not even have stock. I saw on one website a 2600k being £245 inc vat which is fairly insane. I guess we will have to wait and see.

gibbo there are people advertising i7 2600k 2000 mhz ram 4.8ghz bundles now as well! :O they are using the ud7 though which surely must be overkill? a p8p67 pro would be enough surely? its cpu not motherboard in question this time to reach 4.9-5ghz.

either way i hope you offer asus p67 4.8 bundles with the proper 2133mhz ram as i find 1600mhz/2000mhz really off putting.

Last edited:
gibbo there are people advertising i7 2600k 2000 mhz ram 4.8ghz bundles now as well! :O they are using the ud7 though which surely must be overkill? a p8p67 pro would be enough surely? its cpu not motherboard in question this time to reach 4.9-5ghz.

either way i hope you offer asus p67 4.8 bundles with the proper 2133mhz ram as i find 1600mhz/2000mhz really off putting.

Why off putting? How much difference will 2000MHz RAM make over 1600MHz? More FPS, much faster encoding times etc? Btw this is a serious question as I don't have this data to hand...

hmm very interesting it was always looking like we may see [email protected] bundles....

Ocuk got some work cut out for them, I think though ill wait 2-3 weeks let the stock arrive/prices to settle, seems pretty much all the popular places are doing pre overclocked bundles so we gonna have plenty competition.

Hopefully theres an 2600K and Asus mobo + H50/H70 kits about.

well because the new patriot kits etc that were designed for sandybridge run at 2133 over 2000mhz and as i am only putting in 4GB i want it to be the fastest ram it can take.they also run at lower voltages 1.5v i believe which is nice.

its more preferance to do it right this time :P and not stress the imc too much with 8GB for maximum overclock.by having the fastest ddr3 i can match whatever gains i would have had with 8gb at a lower cost.yes it can make a small difference in some cases.there was a toms gta iv comparision with different ram speeds 1600v2000mhz and 6gb v 12gb in GTAIV and they each produced a small 2-3 fps difference in a 55fps overall scene.the extra 6gb gave 3-4 fps where as ram speed also matched the gains.

so personally for benchmarking and in certain future games where i might miss the magical 60fps mark by 3-4fps i would be glad i insisted on the fastest ddr3.

this is unless someone can disprove to me that 8gb wont hurt my 4.8-4.9 overclock then i might just be persuaded to go 8gb if within the next 3 years some top games came out that were coded in 64bit and actually used over 4GB ram.speaking of which this might be unlikely as they would not work on 32bit systems? or am i wrong :O

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom