*****Important, please read*****

Man of Honour
It seems that lately more and more people are coming in here, taking codes from threads and then disappearing without saying thank you to the person giving the code away. This obviously goes very much against the spirit of this forum, so I would like to make the following suggestion to all people using this forum - If you are giving away a game code, please do not post the code on the forum first.

This is not a rule, but merely a suggestion. I imagine that some people hang around this section quite a lot in the hope of getting some free games, and while there is nothing wrong with that, it does mean they are always better placed to redeem codes that are posted for everyone to see.

Ideally, I'd like to see anyone giving a code away to state what they're giving away, then give the code away to a random poster later that day, giving everyone a chance to get the code, not just those who may be around at the time. However, I know some of you genuinely don't care who gets the code, and are happy to let whoever comes first take the code. The choice is obviously yours as the person giving the game away.

If anyone wants to give a code away at random, but doesn't have the time to do it, you could always contact me through my Trust, and I'll pass the code on to someone random at a later time. I will obviously never keep the code for myself :)

As I said, the above is just a suggestion, not a rule we'll be enforcing. If you want to continue posting the code on the forum for the first person to use, you are free to do so (after all, it's your code). However, if you manage to redeem a code that someone has put up, please do the decent thing and thank them afterwards. It's the least they deserve.

Soldato
I'm sorry but I couldn't help my self.

o6je3.jpg

Soldato
Any chance you could make this thread private? Poachers who are not logged in seem to be 'steeling' codes if they are visible on this thread. I know it's all in charity, but I still see it for the members only.

edit: ooops, I see that has already happened!

Don
Any chance you could make this thread private? Poachers who are not logged in seem to be 'steeling' codes if they are visible on this thread. I know it's all in charity, but I still see it for the members only.

edit: ooops, I see that has already happened!

What thread? :)

The whole forum is locked down for users who meet specific criteria :)

We're never going to be able to fully get rid of this problem.

The only way which is helpful for the community to give codes out is saying "I have these codes available" and those which reply get sent via trust.

Those who then don't offer up a thanks, if we get wind of it we can solve that.

Back
Top Bottom