• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

In a few mins you will have a chance to grab a 6800 or 3060Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
You need to ask?

I almost feel bad for people who haven't managed to buy a card yet. Wait for all the increases due to shipping... then Brexit. Going to make the old RRP look like a fantasy.
Indeed. Hope Nvidia keep making FE cards for a good while else buyers are going to be getting a right shafting in the new year

Associate
as ive said multiple times, sitting up stock drives demand. causing price rises. no other way about it, it doesn't make sense to hold stock "because the warehouse cant keep up". if you cant keep up with demand you'd hire more warehouse staff.
Yes but all manufacturers are warning us are price increases, here is an email I got from one manufacturer earlier:

Hi Gibbo,

I hope you are well?

I need to urgently update you on an immediate change we have had to make to our pricing due to the significant cost increases we have been incurring on logistic prices from the Fareast and subsequently for local European final logistic costs. (As well as material costs)

We are doing our best to spread this cost, but it's impossible for us to maintain prices as they were, so we are absorbing as much as we can, but we have no alternative but to adjust prices with immediate effect.

**The price change is effective from invoices from December 15th onwards

Please adjust any PO prices that you have on the following products to the below-listed prices:

2021 shall be interesting and no doubt more headaches......

so you are holding stock till after the price rise. right ok then you love a good price rise don't you, you can hide a markup in there.
as ive said multiple times, sitting up stock drives demand. in turn causing price rises. no other way about it, it doesn't make sense to hold stock "because the warehouse cant keep up". if you cant keep up with demand you'd hire more warehouse staff and get the stock shifted to make profit.

Associate
I think it makes perfect sense, esp if they don't have the capacity to ship them before xmas.

Thanks for the update @Gibbo - have a great xmas and we'll see you in the new year :)
I agree if it's a decision made only due to the backlog over christmas week and not one that was made 2 weeks ago when the 6900xt launched.

my comments were not an attack on anyone or at the business I just said I thought it was strange (I used the word bonkers as it was in the original post).

but as pointed by someone else maybe I don't have a clue.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

as ive said multiple times, sitting up stock drives demand. causing price rises. no other way about it, it doesn't make sense to hold stock "because the warehouse cant keep up". if you cant keep up with demand you'd hire more warehouse staff.

so you are holding stock till after the price rise. right ok then you love a good price rise don't you, you can hide a markup in there.
as ive said multiple times, sitting up stock drives demand. in turn causing price rises. no other way about it, it doesn't make sense to hold stock "because the warehouse cant keep up". if you cant keep up with demand you'd hire more warehouse staff and get the stock shifted to make profit.

You can't suddenly build a larger warehouse though to ensure people can work in a COVID safe environment.

Jeez, there are a lot of people on here getting salty about not being able to buy a graphics card.

Associate

pm me.

OcUK Staff
OP

We can’t hire more warehouse staff, you are aware of a pandemic surely? Aware that companies have to remain Covid safe and thus ensuring distances maintained between staff.

Also decision to hold back stock was made weeks ago, cue 6800 XT custom, 6900 XT MBA and 3060Ti launches were all held back at OcUK which was way before price increases were due.

We’re protecting our staff and allowing our warehouse to catch up, if warehouse was all good the cards would have been sold but warehouse is behind and we have the maximum amount of staff we can have safely due to Covid.

Associate
We can’t hire more warehouse staff, you are aware of a pandemic surely? Aware that companies have to remain Covid safe and thus ensuring distances maintained between staff.

Also decision to hold back stock was made weeks ago, cue 6800 XT custom, 6900 XT MBA and 3060Ti launches were all held back at OcUK which was way before price increases were due.

We’re protecting our staff and allowing our warehouse to catch up, if warehouse was all good the cards would have been sold but warehouse is behind and we have the maximum amount of staff we can have safely due to Covid.
if you say so, love the covid excuse though but wouldn't be the first company to use it as an excuse. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
You can't suddenly build a larger warehouse though to ensure people can work in a COVID safe environment.

Jeez, there are a lot of people on here getting salty about not being able to buy a graphics card.

Well said far too much conspiracy theory going on, the decision was made for following reasons:

- Avoid massive over selling akin to 3080 launch, in hindsight we wished we’d never taken the back orders simply because of the stress and pressure it’s caused staff and the fact customers hate waiting and thus creates a lot of negativity and cancelling orders and making refunds also cost us thousands.
- Let warehouse breathe graphics cards aside, regular business is also 2-3x higher and the company cannot throw unlimited number of staff at it as there are rules to stay Covid safe and that’s a priority for OcUK, it’s why the retail shop was closed in February and shall remain closed until Covid has gone, we have never reopened it and thus lost about 10-20k potential revenue per day, safety comes first as does the health of the staff.

We are simply unwilling to risk over selling again and hence not making small quantities of stock available until we have proper large quantities built up to do our best to prevent any over sell as we wish to not take any more back orders on products whilst we still have thousands of backorders and those people contacting us on a daily basis tying up resources.

When our warehouse has caught up and we are fully staffed we will make cards available again for very short periods and the only news as such will be posted on these forums with a new thread.

Associate
Excuse lol. Lives and peoples health comes first!
Sorry but I see it every day companies using covid for poor behaviour, I'm not talking about the lives etc. Im talking about using it as an excuse. It's easy for you to sit there and blame covid for price rises etc and this and that. Covid didn't stop you selling hundreds of thousands of GPUs till now. Anyway I think we're done, you ain't gunna change your stance are you, you work for the company you only have bias.
Maybe I'm wrong, I would glad to be but if it looks wrong it normally is that's all I'm saying.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Sorry but I see it every day companies using covid for poor behaviour, I'm not talking about the lives etc. Im talking about using it as an excuse. It's easy for you to sit there and blame covid for price rises etc and this and that. Covid didn't stop you selling hundreds of thousands of GPUs till now. Anyway I think we're done, you ain't gunna change your stance are you, you work for the company you only have bias.
Maybe I'm wrong, I would glad to be but if it looks wrong it normally is that's all I'm saying.

I think you need to take a chill pill dude, it's just a graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom