• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

In a few mins you will have a chance to grab a 6800 or 3060Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Love the conspiracy theory word your using, conspiracy means 'a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.' I think youl find I didn't mention anything unlawful or harmful. Just talking about the moral aspect.

Associate
as ive said multiple times, sitting up stock drives demand. causing price rises. no other way about it, it doesn't make sense to hold stock "because the warehouse cant keep up". if you cant keep up with demand you'd hire more warehouse staff.

so you are holding stock till after the price rise. right ok then you love a good price rise don't you, you can hide a markup in there.
as ive said multiple times, sitting up stock drives demand. in turn causing price rises. no other way about it, it doesn't make sense to hold stock "because the warehouse cant keep up". if you cant keep up with demand you'd hire more warehouse staff and get the stock shifted to make profit.

When are you starting in the warehouse? Get a move on lad, I'm waiting on an RTX 3080.

Associate
Yeah, can probably add another £100 easily after Brexit :p Just coz.

The best way to bring prices down, is to stop buying at those prices. That's the only way it's ever going to happen, unless there's some kind of government intervention.

If VAT also goes up next year, then I'm genuinely afraid PC gaming will go back to being the forgotten niche of a rich few, which will in turn drive publishers away from supporting the platform.

Soldato
God there are some right conspiracy theorists in this thread, everything has to have an ulterior motive :rolleyes:

First it was taking preorders so they could sit on cash and rake in interest, now its they're holding back stock to massively ramp up prices in some unspecified way when they do release. You couldn't make it up.

Associate
If Brexit gets sorted that should help the value of the pound of setting some of the cost increases.
if you can wait it out until next summer some normality will have come back to the global economy.

Associate
Sorry but I see it every day companies using covid for poor behaviour, I'm not talking about the lives etc. Im talking about using it as an excuse. It's easy for you to sit there and blame covid for price rises etc and this and that. Covid didn't stop you selling hundreds of thousands of GPUs till now. Anyway I think we're done, you ain't gunna change your stance are you, you work for the company you only have bias.
Maybe I'm wrong, I would glad to be but if it looks wrong it normally is that's all I'm saying.
We all have to take it as it comes. Businesses maximizing profits is not immoral. We're not talking about holding back food from poor kids. Some people on here need some perspective.

Watching the Godfather for the first time today. Funny how some avatars are from it. Some need to fall in line before they get an offer they can't refuse. (Joke of course, I'm not allowed to leave the house.)

Associate
We all have to take it as it comes. Businesses maximizing profits is not immoral. We're not talking about holding back food from poor kids. Some people on here need some perspective.

Watching the Godfather for the first time today. Funny how some avatars are from it. Some need to fall in line before they get an offer they can't refuse. (Joke of course, I'm not allowed to leave the house.)
if we all take it lying down when does it stop? ultra capitalism is bad for the economy overall and whilst yes thats quite of of context, it wont be long before its in context. but anyway lets be done with this..

Caporegime
if we all take it lying down when does it stop? ultra capitalism is bad for the economy overall and whilst yes thats quite of of context, it wont be long before its in context. but anyway lets be done with this..
Can you just outline what you expect would actually solve the problems you perceive? Some kind of uprising or revolution because GPUs cost a lot of money?

Capitalism has created the world you live in.

Associate
I've been lurking for over 15 years believe it or not but thought I'd finally snap out of my to lazy to reg buzz to simply add Henson has many valid points and people that try to ridicule him simply remind me off the brown tongue types.
and lol Mr Noodles

oh yes I almost regged 2 weeks ago due to wanting to pass a comment here...
When I started lurking 15 or so years ago it was primarily to order a pre built pc from OCUK and I was rightly happy with it and in those days there was far more of a personal touch.
A few weeks ago I wanted to order a gaming rig prebuilt here but do you think I could get through on the phone? (Call me old fashioned but I like the personal touch)
I had money burning a hole in my pocket and I phoned several times a day to go on an answer machine...longest I waited was for 12 mins (I live in Dublin so it costs me money)
I never ever did find a human so I simply had to go to a competitor which matched OCUKs warranty to Ireland but they couldn't match OCUKs price ;)

Associate
You can build up all the stock you want but If you make an announcement that all of that stock will go on sale you end up in the same predicament. I like the approach from the competitors to put up for sale what is there ... It allows for a stream of steady sales, I could have picked up any of the new cards or cpu's already bar the FE models

Associate
Can you just outline what you expect would actually solve the problems you perceive? Some kind of uprising or revolution because GPUs cost a lot of money?

Capitalism has created the world you live in.

So you'll be happy to pay £5,000 for a complete PC build then? How about £10,000? I mean, evidently you're happy with the current situation, so £1,000 per component should be pretty good, right? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom