in-ear phones max £20 for mp3 player?

Soldato
I've got a Sansa Zip Clip coming and plan to get some earphones in advance of it arriving.

Always been an over ear headphone user at home so not sure how well I will get on with in ear, so hesitant to spend much.

Due to the price of player I don't want to spend more than £20 on earphones. If I decide to go higher I've seen RHA and Sound Magic recommended on other sites.

Will be listening to mainly trance/house (including vocal), film sound tracks, epic game music, ambient/relaxation.

So far I've seen Pioneer SE-CL24-T and Skullcandy Jib in the sub £10 bracket, but no useful user reviews.

Soldato
The M6's are poor, very poor.

I'll quote myself from another topic, same sort of price range but nothing really that good, £20 is so little:
Philips SHE3590, JVC HA-FX31 or 40 or 101, VSonic GR02 Bass Edition. All inexpensive and reproduce the low frequencies.

The Sansa Clips are brilliant sources so there's no limit to what is worth spending on IEM's to go with it. If you want the best value for money then it's the JVC HA-FXD-80 at £60~ which I'd highly recommend, beyond that you're likely spending £100+ for a better sound.

Soldato
CX300s

Version 1 not version 2

Best earphones I have ever had and ive tried a few around the £20 - £50 price range. They were only £20 but not available at the moment at least from Amazon

Soldato
OP
Thanks for suggestions. Still waiting on player to turn up first.

Using this review thread at Head-fi.

Other mentioned suggestions haven't been included in above review or discontinued products..

Cresyn C230E - 2.45 (£10)
MEElectronics M6 - 3.2 (£20)
VSonic GR02 Bass Edition - 3.65 (more again)

Soldato
Don't like SoundMagic, the only pair I had from them constantly dropped their buds and the left bud broke within 2 months. I had E10s but I don't know how the PL11s are

Soldato
OP
Something I'm considering beneficial is having cable that threads over ears to provide added securing, e.g. Meelectronic M6 and Soundmagic E30.

So if only one earpiece is used it shouldn't get pulled out by weight of second free hanging.

Soldato
OP
I've decided to go for a mobile phone earphone set after reading a review on Headfi.org for Sony MH-1C Smart Headset.

Not sure how I'll get on with flat cable and the remote being so close to left ear piece, but willing to try for the price to praise ratio it received.

Also think I might prefer a J cord style to Y cord.

Back
Top Bottom