In garage now can you link me to some front bushes?

Caporegime
No, they suck because they are mostly made or air and allow tonnes of movement even when right off the factory floor.

The E46 platform as reviewed when new was renowned as a fine handling car (even with the stock bushes), therefore i'd suggest that fitting an OEM part will basically return the car to as new.....

No idea why you think a 320d needs far more expensive M3 front suspension components?

No air gap, and full thickness rubber. Nice and strong, holds the wishbone in place. This is why your M3 steering feels way better than the non-M model, and you would not say this is an unacceptable NVH increase in fact you just advocated OEM.

Oh come off it, the M3 vs OEM suspension differences will far exceed just one set of bushes, the steering rack ratios are different for a start.

Soldato
Bought some Febi Bilstein front bushes off the rain forest for £29.99

Pair of continental shock absorbers off eBay for £33

And anti roll Febi Bilstein rubber bushes at euro car parts for £10

Good effort.

Febi parts are alright. Even if they only last another 50k miles instead of 60k it's worth it.

My car is more Chinese than my local take away :D
All those parts come from German manufacturers!

Caporegime
OP
Good effort.

Febi parts are alright. Even if they only last another 50k miles instead of 60k it's worth it.

All those parts come from German manufacturers!

Thought they were Chinese read on here somewhere iirc.

Think I'm going to replace my battery while I'm at it for the winter...

It's the original BMW one so it's coming up to 14 years old....

Some mornings the car struggles to start...

Any recommendations ?

Man of Honour
Get a polybushed one... :p

Mine is a Varta branded by AA, it's the big sized one that just snugly fits into the battery well. I believe the bigger ones simply have higher low temp current. Either variants (S4/S5) are fine. It was sold by the AA when I was stuck once as the old battery was weak. Benefit is that AA/RAC etc provide lifetime warranty, whereas otherwise it would be 3 years from the manufacturer.

Looking on ECP, batteries for the standard E46 are £100+, but there is a SALE25 code you can apply currently.

Man of Honour
You might lose saved radio stations, but other than that nothing else needs to be done. assuming you know to disconnect the negative terminal first! You will lose the OBC data and the time will reset.

Caporegime
OP
You might lose saved radio stations, but other than that nothing else needs to be done. assuming you know to disconnect the negative terminal first! You will lose the OBC data and the time will reset.

I didn't know this !

So remove negative first then positive

Check

What about connecting new one?

Connect positive first then negative ?

Man of Honour
Yes reverse instructions to connect new battery, positive first. Remember to feed through any rubber air pipe as well because some models have it.

I assume you managed to suss that out anyway though :p

Back
Top Bottom