In need of new HDD - old Seagate is dying I think

smr

smr

Soldato
Hi all,

I've got two HDDs at the moment:

120GB Seagate SATA 7200rpm (for OS) - which is the drive that's dying

and

1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 Drive with about 500gb free...

I don't play PC games anymore and use my PC for Internet Browsing, Microsoft Office and Music Production - lots of plugins / VSTs / FL Studio.

Would I be better off replacing my old Seagate with an SSD and if so which SSD ? My budget for a new drive is around £100 mark but I don't mind stretching a bit to £120 ish.

I have Win 7 Ultimate 64bit but rather than ghost my old drive I want to keep the new one clean and was thinking of using it just for my music production so it's nice and fast to work within my DAW (digital audio workstation) and have MS Office installed and Win 7...

Any other programs I think I will install on my Samsung which needs cleaning up and sorting out anyway - think there must be a couple of hundred gigabytes that can be deleted.

I have SATA 3 on my Mobo.

Thanks for any advice!

Don

smr

smr

Soldato
OP
Heh thanks, I'm usually one to do my homework before purchasing new parts but I need a new drive asap so I'm hoping that this is the best I can get for £120?

smr

smr

Soldato
OP
Another thing - I have the Obsidian 800D Tower with pull out hard drive caddies- how will a 2.5" SSD fit in? :)

edit - just found how to on google .

Back
Top Bottom