In the current virus ridden climate - Issues swapping ISP?

Soldato
I'm coming to the end of my Sky contract shortly and unless offered good deals may look to change. That may include my broadband as well.
Is it dangerous (from a retaining uninterrupted broadband service) considering a swap at the moment with the country going into lock-down etc?

I don't want my conversations with Sky to go nowhere, I call their bluff and give my 30 days notice and go elsewhere, only to find everyone is locked down, Sky is disconnected and potential new supplier cannot get me installed.

Soldato
I don't think you even have to speak to your existing provider any more if you don't want to.

Call up your new ISP, proceed with a deal you're happy with and they'll inform your old ISP of the takeover.

So you could speak to Sky first and if you're not happy, end the call without giving notice and speak to other providers. They'll manage the migration for you.

Soldato
At present, nothing has changed, going forward, who knows. It’s perfectly possible we reach a point sooner rather than later where any new installs and/or migrations are suspended and service tech’s are pushed to faults, so the only truck rolls are for faults. Ask yourself how much saving a few quid a month means to you given what’s going on and remember to imagine the smiles after every sentence.

Soldato
OP
Cheers for the replies.
To put into context why moving might be my option - indeed I will drop onto a rolling contract.
Entertainment TV, UHD, Multiroom and up to 80mb broadband - my bill becomes £99.99 a month from May 4th.
Yup - £100 without any premium channels, just Entertainment with UHD and my broadband.

I can renew with Sky if they are sensible with their offers, but otherwise I maybe interested in giving BT TV a go - however, for that I do need to signup to BT for my broadband.

So if I renew my broadband with Sky, then that rules out any TV changes for the next 18 months.
As I said, hopefully Sky are not going to be any more "awkward" at these trying times - if they would just offer what they do new customers I'd probably renew :)

Soldato
OP
The more I see of "lock downs" and the like, I've really got to hope that:

A. I can get through to Sky
B. They don't arse around and offer me a sensible regrade option for the next 18 months.

Back
Top Bottom