In this thread.... post pictures of 10 year old cars which look new

199620dodge20viper20gtssf6.jpg

Doesn't look that dated for a yank tank...

[TW]Fox;13494216 said:
Fiat Coupe is a bit 90's as well.

Have I reallly already found the only surefire candidates? Surely not?

The Fiat looks dated but the 1999 Mercedes Benz S500 doesnt?! You hit your head on something? delved into the seedy world of crack cocaine? Been blinded by the recent eclipse? Developed a form of mental illness because you drank led paint?

Genuinely worried about you dawg holla back

03.jpg

ALPINA001.jpg

The e38 BMW. :)

I know the pictures are not older e38's but the basic design has been around since 1995 iirc. :)

And from 1998, we have the e46 BMW, something that still imo looks fresh after 11 years.
BMW320i_E46_Lim.jpg

Last edited:
The only cars in this thread which fit the bill are the Porsche 911 GT3 and the Pagani Zonda. The rest have all aged significantly.

To match today's standards, a 10 year old car would have needed to be absolutely extreme when it was launched. All bar the Porsche which has a very traditional design, even in the newest models. Modern designs seem to consist of a lot of sharp angles and creases. Without these, a 10 year old car will look it's age.

I think a lot of people are missing the point. It is not cars which stll look good but cars which dont look 10 years old. I mean come on, E38 7 Series? Subaru Legacy and a Mitsubshi Carisma based Evo? guys guys guys, no.

MK1.5 Focus is just over 7 not 10, the Celica is on a 56 plate ffs..

I disagree on the 996 too, it only looks fresh still in C4S form.

The W220 S-class dated overnight when the W221 was launched unfortunately.

I think the Ford Puma has dated well.

ETA: FFS! Beaten by Duke!

I disagree on the 996 too, it only looks fresh still in C4S form.

Man in street cannot tell difference between a C4S and a GT3. Therefore, GT3 = fresh. Infact man in street cannot tell difference between 996 and 997 so arguably it wins thread :p

Remember, this is cars that look good in isolation. All cars look old parked beside the replacement model but mostly you wont see them immediatly followed by a replacement, so in isolation it doesn't date them quite as quicky.

It's about 'Wow, I cant beleive thats 10 years old!'.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom