In this thread.... post pictures of 10 year old cars which look new

+8.jpg

This is a 1996 Plus 8, and doesnt look dated compared to a 2008 Roadster :p

I did think of the prelude earlier, although not sure it looks like it could roll off the line today it is pretty modern looking I think (just don't look inside!).

MX5 was another maybe, Fiat Barchetta?

MR2 and Celica are good calls.

What about Jag S Type/XK? Not sure they could pass as new today :/

Last edited:
Fox has nailed them well, you would be hard pushed to tell the difference between a 99 Jag and a 2007 Jag although I would class them as dated looking.

Yeah that's what I was thinking with the S type, bar the few facelift changes to the man on the street Fox is fond of it'd look the same :) Although as it's not new anymore it probably doesn't count :p

Someone over the road form us has just got an old X reg S Type, the wife commented it was a bit posh compared to what they had (some old espace thing and a volvo). Truth is it was probably cheaper than her Clio!

Last edited:
I agree about the Jags. The X-types came out in 2002 so don't count. S-Type doesn't look dated yet but is certainly on the way. And here's some XJ's

XJ - Mk III 350 Frame (98-2003)

jaguarxjx308dh2.jpg

lg99xjr1fl0.jpg

XJ - MK III X350 (2003 -

jag_2008_xj01.jpg

Doesn't look much difference I think. Massive internal difference tho, aliminum for a start

Last edited:
8771812ky0.jpg

Tuscan. Only thing that looks dated about the MK1 is the front grill. If replaced by the MK2 grill it looks fantastic.

100_0451.jpg

If that rolled out of blackpool/wherever TVR might be today I don't think anyone would call it a dated design.

The Cerb posted earlier had the ugly unblended new lights; I'm beginning to think that I prefer the old light style on them, rather than the Tuscan ones... They don't photograph all that well imo either. The low slung look looks awesome in motion.

Last edited:
The previous XJ is definately a great shout. They dont look wownew but they dont look old either, they simply look like Jags. I reckon a 98 XJ could easily pass for a new one.

I'll ignore some of the utterly dire crud in this thread, I mean Rover 220? What?

I think a lot of old cars are particularly let down by the alloys. Anyway s here's a RR and Bentley both from late 90's. The RR was replace in 2002 by the Phantom and the Bentley is still in production and has just entered its final run this year.

Rolls Royce Silver Seraph (99 - 2002)

rollsroycesilverseraphapt4.jpg

rollsroycesilverseraphbsv8.jpg

Bentley Arnage (98 - )

1998-bentley-arnage_460x0w.jpg

1268.jpg

Back
Top Bottom