'Incident' on Tube - District Line

Caporegime
It smells a bit funny that somebody allegedly known to authorities can acquire firearms undetected but is also dumb enough to try and escape via Dover.

Caporegime
Given the number of these so called refugees and asylum seekers that, far from wanting somewhere to rest their weary heads and find tranquillity, actually want to blow EU citizens asunder, maybe President Trump actually had a workable answer in not letting any more into the country for a start? And before anyone says many are so called British citizens, they are never Mr. Jones' kids, are they?

Neither are you if you look back enough more than likely

Caporegime
No but they check your identity at least, you'd expect the name of somebody under investigation to flag up. It seems really stupid to try and leave through the busiest passenger port in Europe if you're also capable of getting hold of a load of firearms undetected.

Caporegime
If it turns out this was somebody known to authorities, again, then perhaps we can focus less on a burning desire to police the internet and maybe see what our intelligence services need to do their jobs better.

well one solution would be to stop letting them in in the first place perhaps....

Caporegime
If it turns out this was somebody known to authorities, again, then perhaps we can focus less on a burning desire to police the internet and maybe see what our intelligence services need to do their jobs better.
You already know what they want :p Backdoors to everything. Broken encryption. More surveillance. More access to your data (all of it).

Or is that just what Amber Rudd wants?

Soldato
ii6oapfp9imz.jpg

Permabanned
One of the child refugees who look 40 from the trauma of getting a couple of trains across Europe?

Seems you are probably right. From The Mirror:

“It was only yesterday when they said the guy had been making bombs in there that I thought: ‘What?’ This is all just crazy.”

Builder Dave Solway, 44, who also lives opposite the elderly couple, told of a row between the 18-year-old suspect and Ron outside the home.

“The lad was out the front shouting and swearing at Ron, telling him he was leaving. I know the couple were at their wits’ end, I think they were told he was a lot younger than he is which is why they agreed to take him in.

“Poor Ron was trying to get the lad to go in the house but he just kept saying he wanted to leave for London."

It seems he was from the Calais Jungle, attempting to enter the UK illegally, when the UK authorities deemed it a good idea to give sanctuary to the "children" there under EU pressure...

Permabanned
Well fortunately there's probably about 1000 of them in the world, so I'm not going to worry about it.

I think you are woefully misinformed:

In June 2014, ISIL had at least 4,000 fighters in Iraq,[56]. The CIA estimated in September 2014 that it had 20,000–31,500 fighters in Iraq and Syria.[57] The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights estimates that the force numbers around 80,000–100,000 total (up to 50,000 in Syria and 30,000 in Iraq).[58][59] Reuters quoted "jihadist ideologues" as claiming that ISIL has 40,000 fighters and 60,000 supporters,[18] while a Kurdish leader estimated in November 2014 that ISIL's military had 200,000 fighters.[16] 85–600 Iraqi Kurds may have joined ISIS. [60]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_activity_of_ISIL
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_activity_of_ISIL#cite_note-60

Permabanned
Sev
So out of interest.... Were those responsible known to the police or not?

Several sources have said the one in foster care had had police visits many times and was known to be a troublemaker. He had even been brought home by the police from the station where he set the bomb, on an earlier date, for what reason I have not seen mentioned. But worry not, the learned ones tell us these people are good for the UK :)

Soldato
Sev

Several sources have said the one in foster care had had police visits many times and was known to be a troublemaker. He had even been brought home by the police from the station where he set the bomb, on an earlier date, for what reason I have not seen mentioned. But worry not, the learned ones tell us these people are good for the UK :)

So Daddy (as Milo likes to call him). Wasn't talking nonsense. When he claimed they were known to the police?

Soldato

On the list of out of 'interest' topics
Have they (will they) disclose anything further about the triggering mechanism, if it was remotely/phone triggered then that is new in Europe,
reduces inhibition, and presents potential of worse simultaneous incidents, albeit the Thailand bombs seem to have been mobile triggered.

Back
Top Bottom