Incredible 500bhp Fiesta Build

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Apologies in advance if this has already been posted or everyone already knows about it, but I just came across this on PH.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...921&mid=173627&nmt=500+bhp+Mk3+Fiesta+Project

I've only made the first page so far but I'm flabbergasted by the amount of the work. Not something I'd do, but I admire the dedication and talent required to do what he is doing.

If someone's already read the whole thread, no spoilers please :p

Soldato
Amazing amount of work. Not sure if it is really worth the effort on a fiesta though.

It's irrelevant that it's a Fiesta. He wanted big power and he had a shell to house it. The shell just happened to be a Fiesta.

Did you want him to put it into a £20,000 Focus RS?

why didn't someone tell him he was wasting his time?

????

Soldato
Why is he wasting his time?

lol bit of a tongue in cheek comment that i retract

just skimmed the whole thread and props to him. but it's a massive amount of time and he must've thrown nearly £20k into it. i just wouldn't have done that to a fiesta but that's me.

Man of Honour
I would much prefer this if it had been in an old boxy Fiesta, I don't think the Mk3 has aged past being a carpark stalking chav chariot yet. Kudos for the effort and money though, that and having the commitment to do everything to at least OEM standard! Dude has skills.

Soldato
Amazing skill. I love how he's retrofitted creature comforts such as one touch electric windows, auto-dimming rear view mirror, heated seats, sound deadening. I am pleased he hasn't gone through the chav look at all.

Comfortable and chuckable Fiesta, 500bhp lump - amazing.

Caporegime
It's not something I'd do but I have nothing but admiration for the engineering skill that has gone into the build. You can quickly criticise the money spent however I'd rather see it spent on a properly thought out build that adds new features and genuinely improves on the original car. There's an absolute glut of builds in the tens of thousands by people filling old Astras with subwoofers and adding a tonne of fibreglass and filler with flip paint.

Soldato
I'm only skimming through but he seems to change his mind a lot - he seems to have gone through about 4 different inlet manifolds, 5 sets of brakes, 3 gearboxes, he's undersealed the car, then undersealed it again, painted the car then rubbed it back to the metal and painted it again etc.

Seems to me a little bit of planning ahead could save him a lot of money :p

Soldato
I expected to see a Fiesta ST, but the fact that it's an old ST, well huge amount of money spent, thats the problem with those of us that are into modifying our cars, you just don't get the return.

I just spent £500 on some Lenso BSX's probably worth more than the 206 is in total lol

Man of Honour
I'm only skimming through but he seems to change his mind a lot - he seems to have gone through about 4 different inlet manifolds, 5 sets of brakes, 3 gearboxes, he's undersealed the car, then undersealed it again, painted the car then rubbed it back to the metal and painted it again etc.

Seems to me a little bit of planning ahead could save him a lot of money :p

I liked that about the middle of the first page he's talking about "280bhp as a cap" then a little further down he's aiming for 400bhp and I think it's just the end of the first page it's up to 500bhp+.

An absolutely astonishing amount of skill and work has gone into that though. Sure it's not a car that I'd necessarily want to lavish that much on but I can't help respect the effort and dedication that has gone into it.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Amazing amount of work but since it's a Fiesta base I can't imagine it being good for anything but short trips or events as the noise inside the cabin would drive anyone with working ears mad.

Soldato
Noise inside the cabin?

Have you not seen the half ton of insulation, deadening, acoustic mat etc. he's put in it?? You'd probably struggle to hear an ambulance 4ft off your bumper :p

Man of Honour
What about the safety cell, I seem to have missed what he has added in this respect. What have I missed? Can't imagine 500bhp + a fiesta being a particularly safe combination.

Back
Top Bottom