Incredible 500bhp Fiesta Build

Soldato
Show up ? :confused:

It'll never have style no matter how much BHP is under the bonnet.

its not your money its not your life/time/car so why bother "itching" about it for no reason? i mean seriously?

he has done a good job on it im sure it will be a nice car at the end of it :) people like different things while i wouldn't spend that much on a fiesta i still can appreciate the work he has done - i do hate build threads that are still in progress ;) everyone wants to see the finished thing!

Soldato
Very interesting thread, can't wait to see the finished article. :)

Well as the guy on PH says, it'll look totally stock bar the big brakes sticking out, leather interior and the twin exhaust. But I know what you mean ;)

Shame all of the detail gets covered up in the end really, a lot of work in there and it'll be the most expensive fiesta ever when finished, dude must just really love fiestas I guess!

I don't think even if I had the time+money I'd rebuild something to that standard, even down to choosing factory coloured wiring to remake the loom? Mental in a good pointless way! Not that I'd bodge things, but that craftsmanship is worth of a Ferrari/Jag rebuilt, he does say he's looking at an E-Type next (I think?)

Soldato
I expect there have been far more expensive festers in history. The old max power mags used to turn up rally cross Esq cosworth 4x4 creations

Caporegime
Rebuilding with OEM parts and that level of detail (zinc plating, retrims, etc) must be expensive.

Is really impressive though and so is the guys knowledge of the Fords parts bin.

Soldato
Fantastic effort though that fiesta will put a lot of things to shame a d not just in terms of performance fit and finish looks superb

Soldato
Cracking build. Love the approach he's taking - putting it back together better than Ford ever did with the extra equipment, sound deadening, better suspension and interior, etc. Particularly like the interior, well, relative to a standard MK3 Fiesta interior anyway.

But you'll have to add me to the list of people shaking heads in disbelief that so much money, time, skill, knowledge and vision is going to result in something that remains a FWD Fiesta, and is the ugliest version of the Fiesta ever, and will practically never be able to use its power. Imagine what he could have achieved with a half-interesting starting point, or at least a decision to make it not FWD.

Soldato
I wonder if he lives in a dodgy area and built it so he can play without having to be worried about it being stolen.

Imagine if it were stolen or some fool crashes into him.

Soldato
Lovely job he's doing but like a lot of people, I don't see the point.

Spot someone who ISN'T an engineer/has workshop interests.

It's a technical challenge for an unlikely application. I'd have no use for a vehicle like that, but if I had the skills, the time, and the money, I'd love the challenge!

People who can tinker don't tend to do things because they necessarily need to, they do things to see if they CAN :).

Man of Honour
Lovely job he's doing but like a lot of people, I don't see the point.

Doing it interests him. It could be argued that is the most important point in life.

Granted, it doesn't have a practical purpose, but if cars were only about practical purpose then everyone would be driving a reasonably cheap, reasonably comfortable car with good reliability and just enough power for daily use (to minimise running costs).

Back
Top Bottom