Indoor Hozelock connector for pressure washer

Soldato
My friends have a decked balcony and I've offered to round with my pressure washer, but they don't have an outdoor tap. I don't mind a bit of plumbing so my preference would be to connect it up to the pipe serving their kitchen tap or similar.

Will my 1/2" to Hozelock adapter that I've got on my outside tap just connect straight up to their 1/2" tap pipe under their sink? I so no reason why not but seems too simple!

The Hozelock mixer tap connectors won't work I don't think because of the design of their kitchen tap, and they don't get good reviews when used with a pressure washer.

Soldato
That'll be a big 'it depends'.

I know that it wouldn't be possible with how my kitchen taps are plumbed, but I can imagine situations where it would be possible with relatively minor adjustments.

Do they have internal valves for washing machines, dishwashers, etc. you could fit an adapter to?

If they don't you could easily install one using a self cutting tap (although they may restrict the flow too much for a pressure washer).

Soldato
Will my 1/2" to Hozelock adapter that I've got on my outside tap just connect straight up to their 1/2" tap pipe under their sink?
think I would have reservation on using a push fit hozelock connection inside a house in case it popped off (as it comes under pressure/someone trips), admittedly that has never happened outside and they are meant to automatically seal - but would be safer to have just jubileed/compression fitting in house.

Associate
I picked up a hozelock mixer tap adaptor that screws onto the aerator thread on the mixer rather than clamping and it worked perfectly - it was a Hozelock 2304 9000 Tap Connector for 26.5mm (G 3/4) with adapter for 22mm external thread

Had the pressure washer attached to it this weekend and thankfully no issues.

Back
Top Bottom