1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Informative Youtube videos

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by anything I don't mind, Jun 12, 2012.

1. V-Spec

Mobster

James Watson (co-discoverer of DNA with Francis Crick) talks about how he made his discovery and what motivated him.

2. anything I don't mind

PermaBanned

3. Vonhelmet

Caporegime

Awesome. So the "Believe in God" thread gets canned, so now you spam the hell out of the Youtube videos thread.

4. Castiel

Capo Crimine

Yeah exactly, a long running and generally informative and well behaved thread gets closed because of some guys insistence on preaching brimstone and hellfire and two minutes later that same fella starts the same rubbish here. Something else should have been closed rather than that thread frankly....and we all know what that is.

5. smelly_legend

Wise Guy

This video was rather interesting, thanks for posting

6. Stretch

Capodecina

I RTM'ed his first post in this thread. The first time I've ever felt the need.

It's difficult because without varied views SC would be a complete waste of time. However, any debate with wheat is only going to end up talking about one subject, and not in a good way.

7. Skunkworks

Soldato

Such an engaging speaker, and seems like an all-round nice chap:

8. Herman Gelmet

Hitman

Wade Davis (former apprentice of Richard Evans Schultes) talks about ethnobotany in a very inspirational video:

9. Herman Gelmet

Hitman

Leather and meet without killing animals:

10. Herman Gelmet

Hitman

11. anything I don't mind

PermaBanned

I watched this one joe rogan episode where they interviewed a guy who was invited to ted and was kicked out because he didn't comply with their demands. I can't post it because joe rogan show always has swearing. But you could probably find it by search "joe rogan show ted is a cult". I will continue to listen to TED though, even though the conference is a bit weird behind the scene the speakers are independent and have a good message a lot of the time.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  12. TheMessiah

PermaBanned

This guys great 3 hours long but well worth it.

13. hola_adios

Wise Guy

View on current economics, I personally enjoyed it:

14. PanchoVilla

Hitman

^^^ very good, thanks.

15. Errol

Wise Guy

You are about to learn one of the biggest secrets in the history of the world... it's a secret that has huge effects for everyone who lives on this planet. Most people can feel deep down that something isn't quite right with the world economy, but few know what it is.

Gone are the days where a family can survive on just one paycheck... every day it seems that things are more and more out of control, yet only one in a million understand why. You are about to discover the system that is ultimately responsible for most of the inequality in our world today.

The powers that be DO NOT want you to know about this, as this system is what has kept them at the top of the financial food-chain for the last 100 years.

Learning this will change your life, because it will change the choices that you make. If enough people learn it, it will change the world... because it will change the system .

For this is the biggest Hidden Secret Of Money.

Never in human history have so many been plundered by so few, and it's all accomplished through this... The Biggest Scam In The History Of Mankind.

16. Zethor

Mobster

Gotta love these libertarian crackpots, they are persistent in their fantasies, even if there's a contradiction in every other paragraph..

December 23, 1913 (99 years ago) is the day the Federal Reserve was created and they want us to believe that, before the birth of the "abomination", a family could survive on just a paycheck. By the way, who earned that paycheck?

"The 1900 U.S. census counted 1.75 million children aged 10 to 15 who were gainfully employed as workers. Child laborers accounted for 6 percent of the U.S. workforce during the early 20th century. Many families depended on the income generated by their children in order to survive."

Kids nowadays are moochers, living on freebes from the Govt, which is why we need to change the system, right? Right!

Amen, brother! Slavery??? That's nothing compared to INFLATION. Women being a owned by fathers/husbands??? Child's play compared to CENTRAL BANKS.

Keep preaching, nutters, keep preaching..

17. hola_adios

Wise Guy

Nice review of what happened with Enron:

18. Vonhelmet

Caporegime

That Enron film is brilliant. I watched it a while ago on DVD.

19. Skunkworks

Soldato

Evolution explained for kids (or creationists):

20. SPG

Soldato

I just watched the ENRON one, Holy **** that pile of stinking cheese just goes to show how corrupt the US really is.