Injuries & Suspensions Thread

Don
OP
if they are sure it was a deliberate stamp on the head then 5 could be seen as lenient
I was just typing something on this. On one hand if you're sure it was intentional then 5 games is lenient but I don't see how you can prove it - I'm suprised they didn't just sit on the fence and give him 3 games so nobody can argue.

*I'm not saying it was an accident, just that it's nigh on impossible to prove.

Soldato
The FA rule on probability though so they could and should have given him a far longer ban. Double it would have been about right to me.

Caporegime
Probably the last time we've seen him in a United shirt then. SHame to end it like that :( Sucks for Rojo too, he's been massively improved this season and leaves us in a very tough place to try and get CL football with only one fit senior centre back now really.

Don
OP
Difficult to have any sympathy for Rojo after all the times he's risked ending other players careers' this season. Terrible situation for Zlatan to find himself in though. To suffer an injury that serious at his stage of his career and to be set to miss over half of next season - who's going to offer him a contract for anything but peanuts? Unless he's really hungry to continue and prove himself again, this could be the end of his career.

Soldato
As m
Should h as subbed rojo Immediately I blame the management team for that injury.

Nah, it's likely the damage was already done. Having pinged my ACL, it's painful at first but then you can get up and run around without much issue, but you soon find the stability has gone completely. It took the NHS 3 months, an x-ray, MRI and an arthroscopy to diagnose that my ACL had "disappeared" - I knew what had happened though.

Soldato
Loads defending him saying the ban is to long...LOL. He put on 1260 bets including some against his own team...hes lucky thats all he got imo.

Man of Honour
Mourinho said last night that Bailly has a very serious injury, already missed 8 games and may need surgery. So that's him written off for the foreseeable future.

Back
Top Bottom