1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Innocent until proven Muslim

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by zoomee, Oct 8, 2012.

1. SteveOBHave

Soldato

This is true. Although few of those other demographics represent themselves as either religions nor profess to be fundamentally peaceful.

I should make a disclaimer (in light of Its_Me making the bigot call) - I don't place all Muslims into the 'they're all bad and mentally deficient' descriptor. Whatever my view of religion and the folly of those that subscribe to them I don't ever suggest that they're all murderous imbeciles hell bent on converting the world.

My question is simply, if the religion didn't give such clear indicators that violence was a 'reasonable' and acceptable option, how many of these incidents would actually take place? More so if the religion specifically condemned violence, professed respect and equality for women, how many potential incidents of this nature would that subsequently negate?

It strikes me that there is certain licence given to violent/sexist and anti secular behavior that can very much be attributed to Islam directly.

2. AR81

Gangster

[​IMG]

Totalitarian much??

3. AR81

Gangster

No-Go Areas for Kuffar (Non-Muslims)

This Epedemic needs to be stopped!

4. SteveOBHave

Soldato

Yeah - it's not really an "epedemic" nor is it an 'epidemic'.

5. The Running Man

Caporegime

So has anyone heard about this acid attack on 2 girls in Tanzania? Allegedly incited by a local muslim cleric.

6. zoomee

Soldato

Might aswell close this thread then tbh.

It seems its only used to take a pop at islam by the usual suspects these days anyway...... :rolleyes:

zoomee out

7. Castiel

Capo Crimine

I just think that we have gotten to the point where each position has become entrenched and has devolved into a merry-go-round of opposing views without any significant debate.

8. Xordium

Capodecina

May aswell shut down this part of the forums because I don't see anyone changing their egotistical opinions.

The only person who I have seen actually change deeply held beliefs over the years ironically is Dolph.

That may as well be a description for Speaker's Corner and half the non-spec me threads in GD though.

All these black and white views - noone seems interested in the grey and if you should ever put forward such a crazy idea you'll get shot down by all sides.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  9. SteveOBHave

Soldato

Did the OP start the thread with an open mind to debate or was it merely a place to voice an opinion?

Personally I think that the majority of the threads in Speakers Corner are soap boxing but then I think you'll find that the majority of the people that go to the actual speakers corner in Hyde Park are doing exactly the same thing - that's the whole point, it's a place to exercise a freedom of speech and opinion. No-one said that we have to agree with each other.

As for this thread specifically - well it was always going to be inflammatory... that's what terr... haha I jest. But it always was going to be contentious and it was always going to be opinion vs opinion because the facts are nigh on impossible to 100% verify since we're all getting our info from the same sources. It's our personal opinions and interpretations right of wrong.

10. AR81

Gangster

Islam peaceful? Muslims peaceful?

11. troops

Wise Guy

12. Yas786

Caporegime

Yeh yeh we get it, some of our fellow muslim people are evil so and so's with absolutely no tolerance for anyone of a different faith or sexual orientation. Time to change the record really, getting quite boring coming in here to see certain articles and videos being posted about muslims.

If you honestly think that majority of muslims are like the articles and videos posted above then words really do fail me at this point...im looking at you troops and AR81. Im muslim and i really dont care what articles or videos you post up, fact of the matter is that the majority of muslims that live in this country are peaceful souls who just want to live their lives in peace and solitude.

13. The Running Man

Caporegime

What lessons Egypt do show us is that there is an inherent danger to allow an activist style religion like Islam to get a major foothold in the uk. If the percentages were closer at what point do we have an Islamic brotherhood style political party rise up in the uk. With their support for religion over a secular government we would be wise to remain cautious about future electoral paths

14. robgmun

Capodecina

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-23846632

Great article about a monk standing up resisting a change in culture in his own country. His quote

I cannot disagree with that. They invade by immigration, just walking into countries until they are a majority then take over the government and slap on shira law.

15. Craterloads

Sgarrista

You do realise there has been, described by many, as genocide taken place in Burma, with entire towns butchered, homes burnt and forced to flee?

Says a lot about your character.

16. Yas786

Caporegime

LOL yep just tar us with that big ole brush why dont you??. Your right, every muslim that comes here or to any country in the world wants to take over and implement Sharia law etc etc.

Just nuke us and be done with it.

As for Burma?? seems like your peaceful monks have become a bunch of pack animals, chasing down and burning muslims and making sure no one tries to save them. So much for those peace loving monks eh??, who would have thought that these monks had such violent tendancies in them :/

17. Craterloads

Sgarrista

Come on yas, lets just admit it... We were sent here on a top secret mission to bread and spread then take over and implement sharia law (even though most of us don't even know what it consists of) :D

18. Castiel

Capo Crimine

Do you actually realise what is going on in Myanmar?

And if you don't you might want to see exactly what this Monk stands for and the actions being done in the name of the nationalist movement he represents before agreeing with him.

19. robgmun

Capodecina

Please list me the countries where the majority of the population is Muslim and hasn't got sharia law.

20. El Pew

Wise Guy

Indonesia. Malaysia also has sharia and secular law courts which are kept separate, and sharia does not apply to non-Muslims. Also Pakistan, which has a legal system based on English law that has seen some influence from sharia but is by no means predominantly so.