InSP showing on corsa

Associate
Hi folks Some help is required please Driving along I felt the motor losing power and pulled over turning down the radio I didn't hear the engine ticking over turning the ignition off and waiting a minute, I then turned it back on which is when I saw InSP showing on the odometer screen completely oblivious on what it was,I cranked the engine a good many times to no avail (had to tow it home) was reading the threads on this site which showed a few tricks to end the InSP, but on them threads all the corsa's engines were running already tried the tricks (googled it sitting waiting on the tow) thats described on the sites didn't work other sites say do this an that (which ive done for two days,with nary a go) It would be extremely nice and thoughtful if someone or 2 could explain how to remedy it so I can start the engine and drive it I cant afford to take it to a garage some messages on other sites thats got the same problem say the mechanics have had their corsas for weeks, changing this that an everything in between with varying success hairs are getting pulled out much appreciated thanks

Caporegime
Insp means the car is due a service and turning it off (resetting the light) won’t miraculously fix your non running issue.

It needs to be looked at by a mechanic I’m afraid.

Associate
OP
Thanks all who commented was trying to avoid a mechanics bill Scania as im low income but wot u said chri5 makes sense some of the posts I read on otha sites mentions taking their corsa to a garage and getting a bill that goes on2 several hundred £'s, kno as u said chri5, it may develop more faults b4 it spirals in2 a huge bill cant afford putting it in 4 a service, fink I do that mesel oil, plugs and filter as Jeremy Clarkson says, 'how hard can it b' (lol) keep uz updated if thats ok thanks lads

Man of Honour
Just needing a service would not stop the car from running, you've got bigger issues. If you really want to try this yourself then get an odb2 reader and see what if any error codes it's throwing out.

Caporegime
Thanks all who commented was trying to avoid a mechanics bill Scania as im low income but wot u said chri5 makes sense some of the posts I read on otha sites mentions taking their corsa to a garage and getting a bill that goes on2 several hundred £'s, kno as u said chri5, it may develop more faults b4 it spirals in2 a huge bill cant afford putting it in 4 a service, fink I do that mesel oil, plugs and filter as Jeremy Clarkson says, 'how hard can it b' (lol) keep uz updated if thats ok thanks lads
I think that translates as I’ll try servicing it myself to see if that fixes the problem?

A service won’t get it running again, you need to find out why it’s not running first, otherwise you may well be wasting money you can’t afford by servicing a car that’s engine has seized for example.

A seizure is unlikely to be honest but until you get it looked at, there could be a whole host of different reasons why it’s not running from something simple and cheap through to an engine failure.

Unfortunately running a car is a hole in your pocket and you can’t escape that.

Man of Honour
As mentioned by a few others, I'd suggest a cheap code scanner to start with. That should throw up some codes which will be a clue to the possible cause. But I am guessing you don't know a lot about cars (no offense meant, just interpreting that from your posts) so it's likely you'll need a mechanic unless the codes indicate a very simple fix.

You might also want to try an owners club and asking whether anyone near you could read the codes for you.

Caporegime
Makes me wonder if Barryboys is still going.

Sadly not. It was retired and put in hibernation, the regulars still post at snoflakes.net but it's over and done with, it now really only exists as a relic of time gone :(

Also is the OP on a windup? Surely we've evolved enough as a species for people to be able to articulate properly? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom