Instagram bought by Facebook

Soldato
I don't know what the general opinion of Instagram is from a photographers point of view but though this might be interesting never the less.

Reports suggest $1 billion.

Source

I haven't used it myself as it's pretty much just appeared on Android but there certainly seems to be many people using it among social media.

Soldato
It's a fun little app to help annoy people on Facebook. I imagine it'll now be a fun little app that tracks you and bombards you and others with adverts now :(

Soldato
No doubt facebook will integrate it with everything so it will be hard to read my "hot topics" without 50 photos of my mates with stupid faces.

Soldato
OP
From the other article's I've read on it so far they are keeping it as a separate company entirley so parhaps nothing will change at all.

Soldato
Seeing as it's only just come out on Android I'm sure Facebook will trash its functionality just to spite me! :D

I really don't know where they make all their money, do people really click on all the ads that much?

Associate
1 Billion is a lot of money to just buy: One Direction, finger/toe nails, cat, dog, people holding their phone looking in the mirror, messages about double tapping if you wished there was a cure for ...., messages about shout outs and other excremental type photos ;)

Soldato
There was an interview a little while back with the Instagram founder on Revision 3 if anyone's interested in watching.

Back
Top Bottom