Installed my new hardware. Do i select reset this pc?

Associate
The easiest method would be to use a spare USB stick. All the contents of the USB stick will be wiped, so make sure there's no data on it that you need. Maybe you can try to borrow one from someone else?

Soldato
OP
Yeah for now ive just done a reset of pc wiping all the files. I have to say its all running very sweet though. Im very pleased with it all. Had a few problems re activating windows but its solved and its all go. Just a pain re installing game pass games, i cant wait to try out Gears of war 5 to see what this baby can do. :D I'll make sure though I do pick up a usb key for future. :)

Associate
It sounds like you used windows to go back to a fresh install and it took your old key which saved you $100 so yay you. Reinstalling games is a small loss but at least they are I assume on a ssd and not all over an old hdd.

Soldato
Fresh install is the correct answer. A "refresh" will generally keep the drivers.

I did a refresh moving from Ryzen to Intel and it managed to keep the Ryzen power plan so I would absolutely say a fresh install would be better.

Back
Top Bottom