Installing the power lead to the ATX 12v power connector

Soldato
On the Aorus Master Z390? There are two eight pin connectors. I have only got one lead. Do you have to connect two power leads?
Maybe I am just missing a lead if you do.

I notice the 24pin ATX connector has a 10pin extension to it. Would I be right in assuming both have to be connected in to my powersupply seems though there are two slots available on the PSU for it. Older systems used to use just the 24 pin.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Sorry. This one: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/koli...-platinum-modular-power-supply-ca-03a-kk.html

With regards to the 2 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connectors
on the board. It doesn't say use both or not to. The manufacturer's website says this: Z390 AORUS motherboards feature solid plated ATX 24pin & ATX 12V 8pin + 8pin power connectors to offer a stable power supply during CPU overloading whilst Kit guru says one should be enough as two are overkill.

Presumably the 24 pin takes precedence over the additional 10 pin slot on the psu.

Last edited:
Soldato
Going by the description, you should have one 8 pin CPU lead and one 4+4 pin CPU lead. Think the idea is to use both for stability if you are doing extreme overclocking.

Regarding the 24 pin cable. Do you mean it has a 24 pin connector on one end and a 10 pin + 18 pin on the other end?
If so then you have to plug in both the 10 + 18 pin connectors to the PSU.

Soldato
OP
I think so. Since on the PSU there are two motherboard connections featuring the 18 pin socket and underneath a 10 pin socket. On the actual 28 pin cable, and in addition to it, there is an attachment featuring a 10pin connector. Are you saying both need to be connected to the PSU?
There is a picture of the connection sockets on the PSU here. Thank you:

https://www.kitguru.net/components/...inuum-850w-platinum-modular-psu-review/all/1/

Soldato
As i said, both the 10 pin and the 18 pin connectors have to be plugged into the PSU. The 24 pin connector is for the motherboard.

Can you post a picture of the cable uncoiled showing the connectors, just to make sure.

Soldato
Do you not have a manual? It clearly shows how to connect the cables to the PSU, and the PSU itself is very clearly labelled.

The 18-pin and 10-pin connectors connect to the PSU, the 24-pin on the other end goes into the motherboard as standard.

Soldato
OP
As previously mentioned, the manual, for the motherboard did not state anything bar describing the connections on the board. There was no manual for the PSU and I have previously only ever had to connect the main ATX and 12 volt eps, not a ten pin connector in addition. Obviously things change with time. Freddie 64 was just asking for an image of the cable to make certain.
IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/iw2lqp.jpg[/IMG

Last edited:
Soldato
Picture confirms it.
Plug them in as mentioned before.

This seems to be a bit cheapskate of Kolink though. (as well as no manual)

Note:

For environmental reasons the manufacturer does not supply a power cord for connection to the mains.

Associate
Hey folks. I'm looking at getting the same motherboard but I also only have 1x 8pin ATX 12v plug on my PSU (a Corsaid GS800 from 2013!). I didn't want to replace the PSU unless I really need to.

Based on the above I can run with just the one plugged in?

Back
Top Bottom