Insulate Britain and Extinction Rebellion, domestic terrorists?

Caporegime
People who did this is very stupid cos emergency like ambulance, etc need urgently so it need stop doing this or anyone may drive pass people sit on road... so no choice but just drive through people sit on road that tough one.. I would drive through people who sit on road to block it.. that too bad for them.

Soldato
People who did this is very stupid cos emergency like ambulance, etc need urgently so it need stop doing this or anyone may drive pass people sit on road... so no choice but just drive through people sit on road that tough one.. I would drive through people who sit on road to block it.. that too bad for them.

And in English?

Soldato
It is in English.

Give these protestors a good hiding everytime they turn up and they will soon stop.

It's perhaps a little ironic we have a thread about a murdered MP and people aghast at the violence and then we have this thread just below with people asking for violence and murder. Madness.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

You'd murder them?

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Don't forget that you're talking to someone who is a professional byskater. This guy has worked every single government system to the nth degree, like milking student loans and purposefully staying under the £25k threshold so he doesn't have to pay them back whilst earning money elsewhere, leaving the rest of society to foot the bill.

If anyone's got no stone to throw in this fight, it's amiga :D

You ok cupcake?

Oh, and for your fyi the threshold is now £27,295 so I can do a few extra hours.

Associate
Hmm, I thought they were campaigning to insulate Britain, not stop vehicle derived CO2 emissions..........................

Maybe I have misunderstood the name of their organisation.

Then why are they blocking roads and not protesting at construction sites and government offices?

Associate
Because they're morons?

If you read the mission statement below their demands on the government, they state that their aim is to help tackle climate change - so the original point Tefal made regarding the hypocrisy of IB stands, in my opinion.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Then why are they blocking roads and not protesting at construction sites and government offices?

What impact would that have? I don't think the paper reports would be as numerous if they did that.

Protesting is about causing disruption.

Caporegime
What impact would that have? I don't think the paper reports would be as numerous if they did that.

Yeah, think people are missing the point.

Protesting causes disruption. This disruption and therefore the cause of the protest is brought to more peoples attention.

People want the disruption to end so appeal to authorities. This draws further attention to the cause.

Authorities seek to end the disruption, they either do this by a heavy handed clampdown thus creating sympathy or, they appease.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Yeah, think people are missing the point.

Protesting causes disruption. This disruption and therefore the cause of the protest is brought to more peoples attention.

People want the disruption to end so appeal to authorities. This draws further attention to the cause.

Authorities seek to end the disruption, they either do this by a heavy handed clampdown thus creating sympathy or, they appease.

Exactly.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I thought you had retired about 10 years ago?

8 years.

And no, I'm not intending to work again. Maybe the odd contracting gig for some superfluous cash for a big holiday or something, but nothing serious. Might do some part time teaching as I do enjoy that, but again not as a career or anything permanent.

My response to Diddums was just me being facetious in response to his character attack.

Caporegime
8 years.

And no, I'm not intending to work again. Maybe the odd contracting gig for some superfluous cash for a big holiday or something, but nothing serious. Might do some part time teaching as I do enjoy that, but again not as a career or anything permanent.

My response to Diddums was just me being facetious in response to his character attack.

So still freeloading then.

Don't worry cupcake, I'll carry on working so you can blag every penny from the system <3

(all mockery aside, it does make me wonder who the mug is in this scenario, and I think it might well be me - problem is I couldn't live with myself :()

Caporegime

No it's not it's about making your objections known and more importantly rallying enough people to your cause to produce change Democratically. We can't have situations where a few idiots blocking key roads and damaging the economy are effectively holding guns to the heads of government. What if a large number of Islamic extremists started doing the same all across the country demanding Sharia Law be implemented nationwide?

All these half a dozen loons have achieved is to polarise the majority of the populace against both themselves and their cause, they are never going to achieve change unless the change is stricter laws that puts them in prison for anti-social behaviour or whatever (with the majority of the country supporting it).

If they had a large enough support they wouldn't need to resort to such desperate/disruptive behaviour.

Back
Top Bottom