Insulation tape - contact frame

Associate
Hi guys.

I'm going to be using one of those contact plates on my 12th gen Intel and liquid metal on the CPU.
I'm worried about the liquid metal getting on the aluminium contact frame, which is obviously very bad if that happens.

I'm thinking of using polyimide kapton tape to cover the contact frame. It's that tape that's used in aerospace and it's meant to be heat proof, but I don't know if it'll be any good at protecting aluminium from gallium.

Has anyone here used polyimide kapton tape for such a thing?

Thanks in advance.

Associate
OP
Personally I think liquid metal is not worrh the hassle and can be risky but if your set on using it use it sparingly.
Many tests show it to offer superior heat transfer from what I have seen.
I know it's best for delidding but I've never done that before and I can't afford to replace the CPU if I mess it up so I'm quite apprehensive about doing a delid. I do plan to overclock the CPU but not to a crazy degree

Man of Honour
Many tests show it to offer superior heat transfer from what I have seen.
I know it's best for delidding but I've never done that before and I can't afford to replace the CPU if I mess it up so I'm quite apprehensive about doing a delid. I do plan to overclock the CPU but not to a crazy degree
I agree it's superior but one simple mistaken can cost you , I would prefer a quality thermal paste .

Back
Top Bottom