Insurance again - Admiral pull through!

Soldato
Well, as many will remember from my recent posts, I was having trouble with Admiral and insurance on an MR2 Turbo. Well, I just got a call from them. They apologised for the inconvenience they caused and were going to do their best to offer me a quote. He went through the processes and came up with...

£550

Yes, that's right, £550 to go from a Xsara 1.8L to an MR2 Turbo!

I can't not get one now! :D :D

Soldato
Well done :D

Hope to see lots of pics/videos of the new Mister Two once you get it! :)

Just remember, the accelerator isn't an on/off pedal, and keep it at "off" around corners ;)

M0T

M0T

Soldato
Wow you are quite lucky, if I try to put through a quote on an imported MR2 GT Turbo it immediatly flashes up in big red letters that I am not old enough :(

They will let me have a plain old GT for £1700 pa at 19 so I am not sure what their cut off point is.

Man of Honour
Admiral are mad.

'Hi I'd like a car insurance quote please'

'Certainly sir, how old are you?'

'22'

'What car?'

'BMW 530i Sport...'

'Points?'

'Yup'

'Will it be standard?'

'No...... remap to 250bhp, custom exhuast system, lowering and uprated Audio...'

'£1150'

= win

Soldato
And theres me paying an extra £160 to them for not declaring points last year. It must be me thats reducing other peoples quotes. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Admiral are great. I have a policy with them, and its peanuts compared to elsewhere.

I also have shares in the company - so it would be good if as many people as possible on here got policies from them! :p

Soldato
Yup admiral pwn for me to, admittedly not a beast car or anything but.

18, 0cb, had one at fault accident where i wrote off a land rover ( :p ), 306 dturbo £790 TPFT.

Still ridiculous money considering the car and tpft, but about 500 cheaper than anywhere else!

Soldato
OP
L0rdMike said:
Have a look at some MR2 driving guides if you can find any. I read one loads over and over before I got mine and has done pretty well me thinks. :)
Have you got any links to some good ones? I'm going to be attempting to enhance my driving as best as I can, and I suppose some reading would be a good place to start :)

Owning an MR2 Turbo yourself, if you could only give me one piece of advice, what would it be?

Soldato
agw_01 said:
lol, that's awesome!

Elephant wouldn't have been so bad if I'd have paid all at once. They added an extra £300 on the premium for the privilege of paying monthly :(

Why does anyone pay monthly, can get a 12month loan for 5.9%. Most compaines i found wanted 10% extra on permium + 7% APR for finace.

Soldato
Sone said:
Why does anyone pay monthly, can get a 12month loan for 5.9%. Most compaines i found wanted 10% extra on permium + 7% APR for finace.

They really take you from behind on the monthly payments.

I was doing quotes for my 1.8iS MX-5, and Elephant were the cheapest at £1549 (Which isn't too bad considering I'm 19 with no NCB). But Elephant was playing silly buggers and wouldn't let me pay.

So a quick quote at admiral came out at £1579, and for £20 I wasn't going to fuss about. Rang them up to ask about monthly payments and......... they wanted another £400 for the privilige!

Screw that, I'll just borrow the money for a week or so til I can get a decent loan from my bank.

Back
Top Bottom