Insurance claim & liability

Soldato
Quick question, I have a insurance claim that is outstanding.. the claim will most likely end up as a 50-50 liability. My Excess is £350, I believe that I will be refunded half that back. If the claim is worth £1000 for example does that mean the my insurance company will only pay for half the cost of the repair i.e. £500 - £175 and i will have to pay for the remaining amount myself.
Or do they just send out a cheque for £325.. and i go about doing the repairs at any repairer myself?

Man of Honour
It's been a while since I claimed (I will probably crash now lol). But I think you'll lose your whole £350 excess.

Then your car will get repaired by the insurer and your no claims discount will take a hit.

Soldato
OP
apparently if the claim is resolved 50-50.. i get half my excess back according to the lady at the insurance company when I called to get info on my excess a while back

Man of Honour
Your insurance company will pay for 50% of your repair, the third party insurer will pay for the other 50% of the repair. The third party insurer will pay 50% of your excess. You will pay 50% of your excess.

Back
Top Bottom