• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel 10th Gen Comet Lake thread

Soldato
AMD overpriced and underdeveloped lineup
Seriously, stop crying already. You were the Chief Conductor of the Ryzen 3000 hype train for a long-ass time, yet the second they didn't release 16 cores at $50 like in AdoredTV's year-old information you started banging on like AMD had raped your favourite pet.

Give your brain a rest and focus on something more healthy.

Permabanned
Seriously, stop crying already. You were the Chief Conductor of the Ryzen 3000 hype train for a long-ass time, yet the second they didn't release 16 cores at $50 like in AdoredTV's year-old information you started banging on like AMD had raped your favourite pet.

Give your brain a rest and focus on something more healthy.

True, except the conductor was the Adored guy. But you are right. I will keep my money for myself, skip this generation altogether and everyone will be happy.

Seriously, though. Forget the AMD's idea to throw at us hexa-cores for 200 quid! I am not going to buy a CPU which will be obsolete once I play my game, it utilises all of its cores, and Windows decides to update. This will mean I will no longer be able to run the game.

Associate
True, except the conductor was the Adored guy. But you are right. I will keep my money for myself, skip this generation altogether and everyone will be happy.

Seriously, though. Forget the AMD's idea to throw at us hexa-cores for 200 quid! I am not going to buy a CPU which will be obsolete once I play my game, it utilises all of its cores, and Windows decides to update. This will mean I will no longer be able to run the game.

You know you can stop Windows from updating, right? Or at least delay it to a time you are not gaming. But if you have an intel system, that might be a bad idea. NVM, forget it.

Soldato
except the conductor was the Adored guy
Oh, so it's Jim's fault you're salty? Not defending Adored here, but if you took his information about Ryzen 3000 and Navi as gospel then you're an utter fool. His information was months old before he even posted! Go jump on the Redditor that posted similar information independently.

Goalposts shift all the time, directions change, products change and ultimately things end up differently than anticipated. It's long discussed that AMD pitched Ryzen 3000 at Intel's 10nm products and would have pushed the clocks to the moon and dropped the prices to be competitive. But Intel never made it there and suddenly AMD find themselves massively outperforming the actual products they're competing against. So they dialled back and made the best of their new found position. And sweet, sweet money.

So yeah, evil AMD didn't give us the £200 12 cores at 5GHz that they easily can because they decided to make money instead.

Permabanned
You know you can stop Windows from updating, right? Or at least delay it to a time you are not gaming.

So, I should make compromises because AMD wants to make money meanwhile?! Doesn't sound too fair, does it?

Oh, so it's Jim's fault you're salty?

Nope. It's because AMD are trolling us very hard.

Here are the new Ryzen lineup drawbacks:

1. No availability = paper launch
2. Could be cheaper
3. Still not as fast as Core i in gaming
4. PBO and manual overclocking yield no significant gains
5. Boost doesn't maximize low-threaded clock potential
6. BIOS bugs

Soldato
So, I should make compromises because AMD wants to make money meanwhile?! Doesn't sound too fair, does it?

2. Could be cheaper
6. BIOS bugs

All those "cons" yet Intel admit they won't catch up to AMD until 2021, so how bad of a spot is Intel in. https://www.reddit.com/r/AyyMD/comments/cesylu/intel_admits_it_wont_catch_up_with_amds_7nm_chips/

Soldato

2. Could be cheaper
6. BIOS bugs

7. no 7nm APUs or APUs above 4 core

Permabanned
KK6gg-Fgsa-C29l-BIK.jpg

https://www.techpowerup.com/258547/...latform-require-you-guessed-it-a-new-platform

Soldato
Q1 2020 sounds about right for the next series of desktop chips, The 9900KS 5GHz all core boost is apparently coming out around next month or so which will be a nice middle road until the new stuff comes out in Q1.

Associate
A new socket on 14+++++? Charlie Sheen levels of winning.

125w advertised? Lol

Winter release so you can heat up your house cheaply. Just need to add big Navi to the rig and you can cook on your PC also.

Permabanned
A new socket on 14+++++? Charlie Sheen levels of winning.

125w advertised? Lol

Winter release so you can heat up your house cheaply. Just need to add big Navi to the rig and you can cook on your PC also.

Well, at least the leaked lineup shows a 65W 10-core i9-10800F, here I come :D :D

Soldato
Comet Lake isn't Sunny Cove right?

Intel are screwed if they think taking Coffeelake and adding two more cores is all they need to do in 2020.

Permabanned
Comet Lake isn't Sunny Cove right?

Yup, Comet Lake will have the same, current cores that are present from Skylake onwards.

Intel are screwed if they think taking Coffeelake and adding two more cores is all they need to do in 2020.

Everything depends on the prices and power consumption. There is no bad product, there is bad pricing.

AMD's 12-core CPU is in limited supply and its price for an AMD CPU is too high, so no competition if intel offers a 10-core 65W for 410$, £333.99.

Soldato
Some bits of this don't seem right at all.
Why a new socket when the socket provides nothing new?
No PCIe4?

10 cores 135W ?
we knew the 9900k is 95W and eats > 170W when overclocking
so this 10 core will eat 240W ?

Interesting their power delivery quotes.
This all seems rather hopeless.
@4K8KW10 I might be missing stuff, but where do you see the 10 core at 65W?
Is there a non hyperthread version or something?

Soldato
ah i see it now, thanks.
Very AMD like on their clocking business, that low clock seems particularly low, almost server style.
granted it'll be £400 here one should think if that still it true.

Back
Top Bottom