• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Core i9-12900K allegedly scores 30K points in Cinebench R23

Soldato
The CPU war is heating up. If i was a betting man then i would have to heavily back intel long term but i have great respect for what AMD have done in recent years

Man of Honour
Intel has the resources, research and finance but as corporation they seem to be staggering around like a zombie.

Soldato
rip AMD. hopefully they be back in 5 years time with something competitive again. 8 big cores and 8 cheapo ones done some serious damage. be good if they make a 16 big core version.

Soldato
Intel has the resources, research and finance but as corporation they seem to be staggering around like a zombie.

Intel’s efforts have been all about GPU’s. Ponte Vecchio and ARC.

On the CPU side it’s damage control until Nove Lake. Intel literally don’t care about the gains AMD have made, they want to dominate the graphics market and to that that they need to develop GPU IP

Associate
Don't we already have a Alderlake thread were this has been discussed? Or is this the time of year again when Dabe creates a new thread for every piece of Intel CPU news

Caporegime
Don't we already have a Alderlake thread were this has been discussed? Or is this the time of year again when Dabe creates a new thread for every piece of Intel CPU news

Dave will open a new thread about every leaked benchmark on the run up to release claiming ULTIMATE GAMING POWA based on a CPU-Z score. He made himself look a prize tool with the 11900K release but clearly didn't learn.

The claim about 10nm being inferior is dubious too.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I’m not getting into with you

Thank you, God has just saved me.

there are differences. Desktop Broadwell i5 and i7 chips are APU~ish designs.
\

Care to explain to the other forum members? :cry:

I know that AMD wants to use the term "APU" for its own marketing purposes, but the reality is that an APU is simply a processor that has both classic cores and graphics shaders on the same silicon die.

Soldato
Thank you, God has just saved me.

\

Care to explain to the other forum members? :cry:

I know that AMD wants to use the term "APU" for its own marketing purposes, but the reality is that an APU is simply a processor that has both classic cores and graphics shaders on the same silicon die.

Yeah… not really.

Back
Top Bottom