Intel LGA1155 miniITX motherboards

Soldato
Thought i'd bring any info about these together. I've got most of this off the [H] forums but I thought posters here might be interested.

ASRock H67M-ITX
Here

ASUS P8H67-I
Here

ECS H67H-I
Here

ECS H67H2-I
Here

Gigabyte GA-H67-USB3
Here

Intel DH67CF
Here

MSI H67 Mini-ITX
Here

Zotac H67-ITX WiFi
Here

Foxconn H67-S
Here

I'll try to keep this updated as we get closer but these boards look to be the way to go. :)

Soldato
OP
DFI are gone and they were my best hope. It all falls to Asus now, and the hope that there will be a Republic of Gamers miniITX P67 board.

We can but dream eh?

Soldato
I have fairly high hopes for the Gigabyte one, as their last mini-itx effort seems to have been very popular.

It is indeed tragic that DFI have stopped releasing boards :(

Soldato
OP
Not necessarily. DFI had the problem of arrogance. I seem to remember good ol' Angry Games and RGone over at DFI Street. They hit the nail on the head - DFI boards are great if you have a cherry picked CPU and RAM, exotic cooling, and time to burn.

If you just want a reliable board that won't blow up, look elsewhere.

I've had their X48 LP board ship refusing to work with the 3870X2. When I tried to update the BIOS to fix it, the board crapped itself and never worked again.

Then the P55 mITX board. The only company to do one, but again, stability was questionable. "I don't like THIS particular RAM". "I don't like THIS particular CPU". Well DFI, **** you then.

As horrible as it sounds, at the end they fully deserved to go bust.

Soldato
Aye, their reputation for stability wasn't great. I like the idea of a motherboard which will cheerfully and without reluctance burn out the cpu, ram and itself on command though. I think it's their "expose every option" philosophy that appeals. I've never bought one of their boards, as I value stability fairly highly, but I do regret not having a play with one. Asus and Gigabyte are less exciting somehow.

I didn't think they'd gone bust though, just pulled out of our market.

Soldato
OP
Well they're not completely bust, just the Lanparty part I believe. The OEM side is still going strong.

They should relaunch their INFINITY boards, those were much better with a bigger emphasis on "working properly out of the box".

Soldato
Yup, Asus is top of my list atm. Also like the look of the Zotac and ECS H67H2-I. Hopefully we'll see these on the shelf on launch day!

Soldato
The Foxconn is the only one with no USB3, really shot themselves in the foot there.

Borden the Zotac is nice too but I dont think it supports 1600MHz memory which the Asus does (not that 1600MHz SODIMM is easy to get hold of).

Soldato
Yeh I can't see why they wouldn't include it tbh!

And I wouldn't be overclocking (which you can't do with these boards anyway) so having the faster mem won't matter to me. I also feel a bit of brand loyalty to Zotac seeing as my GF9300 ITX has served me so well!

Soldato
Woah, that asus with some kingston high speed sodimms would rock.

However who thinks they should get a Mini-PCIe shaped SATA slot on there, you could grab one of intels newest SSDs and have a really compact system.

Last edited:
Associate
Why would UEFI be a deal breaker?

Pitty about OcUK only stocking (to start with) the only mini-ITX board that I wouldn't want, just want a cheap board that doesn't need to overclock which has USB3 and SATA3 for Blu-ray media PC :D

Soldato
Why would UEFI be a deal breaker?

Well for me, if I'm buying a new board then I want it to have the new BIOS. While we're still yet to see how large the benefits are that it brings, it's still a feature I'd like to try for myself and therefore for me it would also be a deal breaker.

Associate
Well for me, if I'm buying a new board then I want it to have the new BIOS. While we're still yet to see how large the benefits are that it brings, it's still a feature I'd like to try for myself and therefore for me it would also be a deal breaker.

Still lost on this, you say you'd want to try it, but you wouldn't buy a board with it?

Back
Top Bottom