• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** Intel Pentium G4560: Bang For Buck Gaming **

Soldato
~ £65, dual core hyper threaded Kaby Lake. But can it game?

Intel G4560 + GTX 1050 Ti - 1080p Ultra Gaming Benchmarks

Will The Pentium G4560 Bottleneck The GTX 1060 6gb?

Soldato
OP
Happy with this lil chip, baffled by it's performance. It's great in desktop and gaming. No reason at all to look at the i3's anymore. Especially with the current Kaby Lake i3 pricing.

Def the bang for buck king, all hail the king baby xD

20170109_120909.jpg

image.png

Soldato
Bought one of these the other day just before they sold out (as I thought they would). Going to install either tonight or tomorrow, will be a nice upgrade from my athlon ii

Soldato
OP
Bought one of these the other day just before they sold out (as I thought they would). Going to install either tonight or tomorrow, will be a nice upgrade from my athlon ii

Lucky you got one early, these are really popular it seems. Sold out everywhere.

Will be huge upgrade from your current chip. Such a bargain lol.

Associate
It would be a titanic upgrade on that A10-7850K which is really poor compared to i3/i5 processors, and the G4560 is basically a very slightly slower i3-6100.

Personally I think it's the best thing to happen CPU's in years, there's not been a CPU this powerful in this price range for a really long time. The other options have been the older Pentium lines (not really good for gaming due to lack of HT) or AMD's 760/860K (more stable than the Pentium but nonetheless pretty poor for gaming also due to low performance)

Pair this sucker with an GTX1050 and you have a killer gaming PC for a very low price.

Soldato
My signature is outdated and will never be changed. :D
PC uses a 6 core IB-E Xeon in my old P9X79 board now.
I bought the RX480 at the time, as it was a great price on Members Market. The 7850k was doing alright with it on the Vive (just).

The 7850k is relegated to emulator/messing about.

Back
Top Bottom