Intel Promo Cashback on 520series 180GB - £180 for 180GB Intel SSD*!!

Soldato
Hello

Intel have extended their Cash Back offer over to the 520 series 180GB Drive.

Buy now for £217.99 inc VAT and claim back £38 from intel at https://ssdcashback.com/promo/country/

That's £179.99 inc VAT with Cash back! :D

Intel 520 Series 180GB 2.5" SATA-3 Solid State Hard Drive - Retail @ £217.99 inc VAT

HD-023-IN_400.jpg

Get Fast. Play Fierce.

Faster game and application loads, less lag, smoother visuals.

Stay ahead of the competition when you level up to 6.0 gigabits per second (Gb/s) performance

Cherryville Solid-State Drives (SSDs) continue to evolve with the Intel®
SSD 500 Family. Available in a wide range of capacities, Cherryville SSDs
offer built-in data protection features and deliver exceptional
performance over hard drives.

New Level of Performance

Built with compute-quality Intel 25 nanometer (nm) NAND Flash Memory, Cherryville SSDs accelerate PC performance where it matters most. With random read performance up to 50,000 input/output operations per second (IOPS)1 and sequential read performance of up to 550 megabytes per second (MB/s)2, your PC will blaze through the most demanding applications and will handle intense multi-tasking needs. Couple that read performance with random writes up to 80,000 IOPS3 and sequential writes of 520 MB/s2 to unleash your applications. With Cherryville SSDs, Intel continues to deliver solutions designed to satisfy the most demanding gamers, media creators and technology enthusiasts.

Superior Data Protection Features

The new Cherryville SSDs offer the best security features of any Intel® Solid-State Drive to date and comes pre-configured with Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256-bit encryption capabilities. In the event of theft or loss of your computer, you have the peace of mind that your personal data is secured by an advanced encryption technology. Additionally, the Cherryville SSDs contain “End to End Data Protection” ensuring integrity of stored data from the computer to the SSD and back.

Proven Reliability with Lower Operating Costs

With no moving parts, the Cherryville SSDs reduce your risk of data loss due to laptop bumps or drop, all while consuming less power than a traditional hard drive—so you can stay mobile longer. Now that your work is safe, use the world-class performance of the Cherryville SSDs to dominate your gaming competition or to reach new levels of creativity and productivity. The choice is yours!

- Capacity: 180GB
- Controller: SandForce SF-2281
- Maximum Read: 550MB/sec
- Maximum Write: 520MB/sec
- Max I/O Per Second (IOPS): 80000 IOPS (4KB File)
- NAND Flash: Multi-Level Cell (MLC)
- Interface: SATA-III / 6Gbps (Backwards compatible with SATA-II / 3Gbps)
- TRIM Support (Requires Windows 7)
- Warranty: 5 years

Was £217.99 Inc. VAT

Only £179.99 inc VAT. (With Cash Back**)

ORDER NOW

Associate
I trust you will be tweaking your pricing to beat those competitors linked from Intel's site?

I only checked two and they were both cheaper. I'm sure you'll not let Gibbo's old place undercut you on something like this ;)

Associate
Is it worth getting this to use it with the sata 3gbps p55 chipset.

My mobo has the marvell 9128 6gbps controller chip, but i've read that is rubbish.

I have the Samsung F3 1tb and probably wont upgrade the mobo for a year +

Really tempted with this offer to get my first ssd.

Clicking on the ocuk link on the offer website, takes you to the eset security rubbish products site. :D

Soldato
Is it worth getting this to use it with the sata 3gbps p55 chipset.

My mobo has the marvell 9128 6gbps controller chip, but i've read that is rubbish.

I have the Samsung F3 1tb and probably wont upgrade the mobo for a year +

Really tempted with this offer to get my first ssd.

Clicking on the ocuk link on the offer website, takes you to the eset security rubbish products site. :D

Yeah, many people use them on SATAII - you won't get the full speed until you upgrade your motherboard but it'll last easily until then (esp. with 5 year warranty!) and Windows will still feel very fast even on SATAII :)

Soldato
Yes but on the claim form it won't let you fill in form as it say " Claims open on the 11/04/2012 " while the T & C stated expiries on the 8th April 2012 mean we will not getting it by on time ?

The SSD Cashback promotion is valid on the purchase of a selected products purchased during the promotional period, which is (12/03/2012 – 08/04/2012) 12th March 2012 – 8th April 2012

and look at this can't fill in form :

OcUK Staff
Such an awsome deal!

Intel really have got mega competitive on their 520 series, which is great because they are absolutely superb drives. :)

Associate
Yes but on the claim form it won't let you fill in form as it say " Claims open on the 11/04/2012 " while the T & C stated expiries on the 8th April 2012 mean we will not getting it by on time ?

The SSD Cashback promotion is valid on the purchase of a selected products purchased during the promotional period, which is (12/03/2012 – 08/04/2012) 12th March 2012 – 8th April 2012

Whats the problem with waiting until 11th April to fill in the form ?

As long as you purchase the drive before or on 8th April, you will be fine for the cashback. You have 30 days from date of purchase to make the claim.

Soldato

and look at this can't fill in form :

They have two time windows in which to do things. One time window during which you make the purchase and another one in which to make the claim. They didn't say it would overlap.

Also, look further down to the Claiming section, specifically to this point...

Intel SSD Cashback T&Cs said:
2. The claim form must be received within thirty – sixty (30 – 60) days of the date of purchase. The first day of purchase counts as day one (1).

So even if you purchased one today, you still won't be allow to submit the claim until 30days from today anyway, and not before. The claim window opens on the 11th April for those that purchased on the 12th March.

Yes they've made it slightly trickier than most cashback schemes but they've done it like this in the hopes that it might catch some people out and they they might forget to do it within 30 to 60 days from purchase.

Hopefully you won't since I've covered it for you :)

Associate
[timko];21557947 said:
They have two time windows in which to do things. One time window during which you make the purchase and another one in which to make the claim. They didn't say it would overlap.

Also, look further down to the Claiming section, specifically to this point...

So even if you purchased one today, you still won't be allow to submit the claim until 30days from today anyway, and not before. The claim window opens on the 11th April for those that purchased on the 12th March.

Yes they've made it slightly trickier than most cashback schemes but they've done it like this in the hopes that it might catch some people out and they they might forget to do it within 30 to 60 days from purchase.

Hopefully you won't since I've covered it for you :)

this is the scheme that adopted by other companies too, such as Lenovo. I remembered doing the same when I bought my thinkpad edge. You can only claim it after 30 days from purchase, but not more than 60 days. I claimed mine on the 59th days. :p
similarly, most mobile phone cashback works in the same way.

Associate
I think it is to avoid people from buying their product, claim the cashback and then refund at full price within DSR period or similar; hence make profit from the cash back.

Back
Top Bottom