• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel to launch 6 core Coffee Lake-S CPUs & Z370 chipset 5 October 2017

Permabanned
No its locked to 3.7Ghz, at leat we should hope so because if its not with that score Intel have problems, it is just 3.7Ghz, which means that 1536 score was got with 4.7Ghz, which is not bad and what we should have expected if we didn't, its consistent with the 7700K IPC.
But windows did report 4.37ghz in the task manager. Unless that was a glitch?

Associate
Who is BTVA and why can he provide information that 8pack can't. Maybe he is right but I'd rather wait a couple of weeks than believe a random dude.
I found the fun :D
Im just dubios of this video, its the only source of anything that shows that score being so low.
As said, PCPER have dismissed this and so has BVTA.

BTVA!

As I have mentioned previously my testing ambient was around 29-32 which is suggesting in a pretty hot (tropical) environment. Where did the leak of the Z370i strix on videocardz from?

Soldato
Some more motherboard prices for you all.

MSI Z370 SLI PLUS £135.72
MSI Z370 PC PRO £120.61
ASRock Z370 EXTREME4 £155.32
ASRock Z370 PRO4 £113.45
ASRock Z370 GAMING K6 £174.25
ASRock Z370 KILLER SLI £131.88

Obviously these are pre-release, but look very similar to what the equivalent Z270's cost now. :)

Soldato
I wonder if OcUK will add another £50 on top for the Asus Z370 Hero like they have done for the AM4 version compared to every competitor! I guess the OcUK version must be gold plated or something. :rolleyes:

Associate
ASROCK-Z370-PRO4.jpg

£114 with Intel 1Gbps LAN, seems like a pretty good 'budget' board.
Even has some RGB memes by the looks of that yellow strip in the bottom left.

Soldato
That's why I rarely shop here at OCUK. Only when I can't find elsewhere. Prices here are pretty silly.

To be fair, OCUK have been a lot more competitive than they used to be, and you they can't always be cheapest for everything. I do wonder if Gibbo considers their parent company to be a competitor, or not since they seems to have some cracking deals on kit, and the shipping is only €15. Hmmm.. if he comes around on launch day we can ask him. :)

Soldato
To be fair, OCUK have been a lot more competitive than they used to be, and you they can't always be cheapest for everything. I do wonder if Gibbo considers their parent company to be a competitor, or not since they seems to have some cracking deals on kit, and the shipping is only €15. Hmmm.. if he comes around on launch day we can ask him. :)

They have gotten better, but there still high. I will say OCUK do have some good deals every now and a again. It's worth checking. Will be keeping a close eye on Coffeelake prices.

Associate
If the rumours prove to be true, what do we think the chances are of the 8 core Z390 processors being compatible with the Z370 mobos?

The leaks so far seem to suggest that 10nm is delayed, so 10nm for desktop appears to be unlikely for 2018. This does seem to point to a coffeelake refresh in 2018 - especially if the new mobo is called Z390 - You would've thought that Intel would call it the Z470 if they were jumping to icelake to make the architecture change abundantly clear.

If this is the case, Z370 may not be a complete dead end if a bios update does bring support. It would certainly make an upgrade to coffeelake this year more appealing if you know that you can potentially switch out the processor for an 8 core later down the road.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't care about a £200 motherboard being trashed at all - not a big deal for me. Though I do care about setbacks caused by immature fab processes. For example, the 6700K was a shameful product which clocks slower than its predecessor 4790K. This shouldn't have happened by moving from 22nm to 14nm. If the first generation 10nm product is lame again, I wouldn't buy such a slow frequency product. Frequency is the key for my home usage. No 5GHz, no buy.

Back
Top Bottom