• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel's Alder Lake CPUs May Not Work With Older Games

Associate
Let's hope Intel is not going to mess this one.
In all honest I would feel more comfortable with Intel (mostly because I never tried AMD and they seem easier to setup) but my current plan is to buy what's going to be best as soon as I can grap a GPU at a decent price.

Associate
No. Are the mobo not available yet either?
Sorry. i thought as with most things, they had launched.
So people are seriously buying more than one chip, and have no mobo to plug them into?
This is actually happening?

Should all be going on sale soon - No harm in done in being extra ready :D

Associate
I actually did but i'll expand.

Its one of my pet peeves about so called tech journalists, they put out a lot of crap pertaining to communicate useful information but its actually almost completely useless, and its a strange thing because its a very simple question that's being asked and all it requires is a very simple answer, and yet somehow they still manage to #### it up.

AMD said the performance difference is as much as 20%, they even said specifically in titles where the CPU matters, like eSports, before that other tech journalists had found a ~20% reduction in performance in games like Rocket League and CS:GO, eSports.

So: Igore Labs, like an idiot takes two AAA titles, where the problem was not apparent in the first place, at least not to any meaningful extent, and then shows a margin of error level difference fixed, hm? yeah cheers.....

I suppose my only point was, that from a methodology point of view, his article seems valid. He's demonstrated a performance drop from W10>W11, then he showed that with an updated build/patch, the performance is restored.
To change one thing at a time seems fair to me, so I don't understand why you're criticising the article?

Back
Top Bottom