Internal sound card for Gaming/Movies -> Music

Associate
I am looking for an internal sound card in that order, i would have just got a Xonar essence STX but they are no where to be found or are either too expensive. This is for a new beast build i am doing and its the final part, i'd like to spend less than more (unless its worth it). ill be using my Fidelio x2 and HD 599 with it so it needs to have an headphone amp. i was looking at these sound cards

Sound Blaster Z
Sound Blaster X AE-5 (the new RGB one)
Sound Blaster ZxR (would rather avoid this due to the ugly wire)

Does anyone here have any experience with them or could anyone recommend me a better solution that doesn't cost a fortune? i would like game and movie immersion but i admit i do prefer using 2.0 in games over surround sound.

Last edited:
Associate
I dont know about new products from Creative but i ve stopped using them long ago, I just didnt find too much difference between cheaper and expensive versions to justify the price difference. Plus their buggy driver support and software pushed me towards Asus Sonar series. Simple Asus Audigy DX or DSX is enough for my needs which cost around £35+, has headphones amp upto 64 ohms. Your headphones need around 32 ohms ( Fidelio x2 ) and 50ohms ( HD 599 ). Unless you are doing professional audio work i wouldnt spend anything more to be honest.

By the way i do play CSGO and have no problem identifying sound ques. Its quite good.

Associate
From the Creative Side of Cards ,"Sound Blaster Z Range " Was the Last good Card for Movies ,
As the Following

fea_dolby_digital_dts.png

The New "Sound Blaster X AE-5" More Effort been put into Headsets/Cans
& Don't have Dolby/DTS , But as alittle more SNR

Far some of the best built in sound on motherboards ,
Asus as Built in SupremeFX S1220A codec 113dB signal-to-noise ratio

Your CROSSHAIR VI HERO Motherboard Sound Good for Gaming /Music , May lack on the Movie Side
chart.png

Last edited:
Associate
OP
i actually forked out for an asus essence stx 2 it does sound clearer and better in music but i havn't really tested it in games. I was tempted to try the sound blaster X AE-5 but heard bad things about it such as drivers not working properly and sound dropping out.

Associate
i actually forked out for an asus essence stx 2 it does sound clearer and better in music but i havn't really tested it in games. I was tempted to try the sound blaster X AE-5 but heard bad things about it such as drivers not working properly and sound dropping out.
Yep ...Creative have Issues with the Drivers Due to being New Product.

Back
Top Bottom